• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What did you think about gamescom?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firesoul453

What did you guys think about gamescom? PC gaming there didn't seem to be much beyond Shadow Realms. The two biggest players were Sony and Microsoft.

Seems like Sony dominated to me.

Microsoft had the one big surprise and that was that Rise of the Tomb Raider is xbox exclusive though sounds like it might only be a timed excluive based on their wording.

But Sony had a ton of stuff!
The Order: 1886 and Bloodborne both look great!
and in terms of new games
The Tomorrow Children looks ok
The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter looks like it could be great
Hollowpoint - definitly want to see more.
Hellblade looks great though i guess timed exclusive?
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain still looks great
P.T. looks ok
Until Dawn looks great!
Alienation - very excited for this one. I love the developer.
WiLD - looks well interesting I guess.

Still thats a pretty darn good show.

Looks like I won't be regretting that ps4 purchase after all.

Overall everything looks pretty decent. Though a lot of stuff is still a decent time off so only time will tell with a few of the games.

I have both the PS4 and Xbox One so not worried about timed exclusives at least. Though every consoles has its ups and downs and MS is fighting to get some people back on theirs and Sony is riding out the wave of great hardware and adding stuff features as they see fit.

I originally bought Xbox One, because PS4 was hard to come by, though overall I think the PS4 is the wiser choice for this generation overall. Xbox One has its strengths still, just the hardware was a little of a disappointment and backing out of a $100 adder to the console hurts us that bought in early.

I got a ps4 over an xbox one since Sony proved themselves last gen. They continuously pumped out great exclusives and have had great ps3 games come out withing the past couple of years whereas Microsoft kinda abandoned the 360.

Ofcourse 6 months later I bought a PC and have used that plenty more than my ps4.

Last edited:
Back