• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7850 Vs Standard R280

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-171-PC&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1842

Will it run a little better I am building another i7 rig and I am moving this PC in to another room and every game I play/own with my 7850 2GB just rocks for me and the settings I use never have any issues. But I was looking in to a small upgrade till the next gen of AMD cards comes out apart from the extra 1GB GDDR5 ram will it be better

Possible new rig

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz (Devil's Canyon)
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Board: Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
OS Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB 2.5"
Storage 1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850W '80 Plus Bronze' Fully Modular
GPU: one listed above as I will just have enough for it

kinda far dream ... :(
Given the crazy deals from *coin miners offloading their cards it's not that far off.
Classifieds sellers are dropping 270's at around $70-$75, and eBay sellers are dumping 280's-290X's for really good deals assuming you get one with a transferable warranty in case the fans are going out.

wait !!! 70 ~ 75 dollars for a r9-270 ?? that is crazy !! those cards cost over 170$ in amazon, even your MB is really hard to find here in my country (love that Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P)

If you can snap up a 7970 on the cheapo, you're set. A 7970 is essentially a 280X. I have mine clocked with a modded bios @ 1100/1500. In benchmarks in comes up as a 280X and vice versa. I got mine for 125.

One of the fans was going bad. A phonecall to Gigabyte and had 3 new fans sent to me ;)

no no, if i can find, some one, he/she can bring it to me, but that's the problem hehe i haven't ... still looking, my firts upgrade is switch from my B75 to a z77 ... then the video card

i have 1 friend in miami, but somethime he don't have the money for that, and i have no way to send money to him, so i have to wait and wait and wait and in the end i guess i'll have to spend 170$ here in cuba with the overprice that we have here ...

Back