• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED minecraft server help anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathhorse

So i was trying to set this up for my kid but none of his friends can connect.

I forwarded the port: 25565
and ip for joining is My IP Address is 73.185.108.240

Can you guys join and let me know if it works ill leave the server running till i figure this out.

i can join in on my pc http://screencast.com/t/7hgFDH09
and i use a netgear router http://screencast.com/t/IpWIJBbjt

thanks

edit: I got it handled I had 2 routers that i was using unplugged my pc from the first router and plugged it directly into the comcast router. After that i was good to go.

Last edited:
Check what version your minecraft is on, and have them check theirs. IIRC, every user needs to be on the same level in order to join.

Also, what error are they getting? It should give some kind of error message saying it cannot connect. Plug that error message into google, and odds are that it's been seen before. :thup:

You opened the port in Windows Firewall, correct?
Any other antivirus on the host?

+1 ^

also, i know port 25565 is the default port, but double check the server.properties files to make sure that is the port listed

Everyone's got to have the same version, but the fact that your port is filtered means your ISP must be blocking ports :(

Everyone's got to have the same version, but the fact that your port is filtered means your ISP must be blocking ports :(

No, you actually don't.
You can manually override the version, I have to do so for Galacticraft.

I have one profile on 1.7.10, and one profile on 1.6.4 w/ Forge.

No, you actually don't.
You can manually override the version, I have to do so for Galacticraft.

I have one profile on 1.7.10, and one profile on 1.6.4 w/ Forge.

Huh?

I can't play on any server because I still run 1.5.2. Did Notch changes this in the 1.6 update??

i added the rule to open the port in win 8 and i dont use antivirus software im 1337

port 25565 is listed i use comcast there lots of people on comcast playing this game

Win8 has Windows Defender and a firewall built in.
Windows Defender won't block it, but you need to open the port in your firewall.

Man, that's odd then. Is there any opportunity that the people connecting don't have a legit copy of minecraft? When I was running my server a year or two ago, I remember having to add a setting into my server file so that friend could connect.

A quick google search found that if you add

"online-mode=false"

to the server properties text file, cracked users can connect. Maybe give that a shot and see if they still have issues. It sounds like your port is correctly forwarded and the versions are A-OK.

To test if it is a port forwarding issue put the IP in the DMZ (dont forget to remove it) and disable the firewall, then test the port.

If you only plan on having a few players you can run it through hamachi.

also forward UDP.

To test if it is a port forwarding issue put the IP in the DMZ (dont forget to remove it) and disable the firewall, then test the port.

If you only plan on having a few players you can run it through hamachi.

also forward UDP.

I think i might use that hamachi program looks super easy

Back