• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED TV in HDMI port, monitor in DVI port. Performance loss?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erik89

Hello folks.

I have a question about the possibility of a performance loss when using 2 displays in a specific setup. My setup is as follows:

A HDMI cable connects my tv and computer, and a DVI cable connects my monitor with my computer. The displays are configured so that the TV is an extension of my desktop (so that switching between gaming on the monitor and watching movies on the TV is easy (not simultaneously)).

Nvidia control panel says that the monitor is running at 144 Hz, and that the TV is running at 60 Hz, which is how I want it, and both on 1080p resolutions.

Will this setup cause a performance loss?

Untitled.jpg

No, you won't even notice the second display with your 780.

Great, I was worried it would cost me precious fps if my card would need to put out two different refresh rates :)

Yeah only bog standard on chip causes tearing cloned between dvi and hdmi ive found... I need to switch to two hdmi as my dvi is causing tearing on the 92" projector.
It made me wish I had a dedicated gpu but not using my dvi port will save the situation.
It'll be fine on dedicated gpu :thup:

Back