• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacement valves for fatman itube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

So my dippy former business partner wasted the valves on my fatman mkII

I tried to contact fatman uk... Seems they dont give a toss about after sales and couldn't be arsed to reply... Thanks fatties :thup:

IMG_20140817_182751.JPG

I switched out the valves and sure enough all else is well.

But after a long silence from the manufacturer I have no idea where or what alternate valves will do?

I'm no believer in valves for the most part I suspect its just a flavour of distortion people love or hate :)
That said they are entertaining amps for the price bracket.

So anyone valve savvy can lead me to the retail buy button?

Just a straight replacement would do.
Having a £3500 pre amp and a £4000 power amp through £3500 speakers I'm fine for high fidelity :D

These are either going to be gave away, sold or used for ambience during the day in a venue :)

One set of valves are old and the others one is blown and the remaining abused.

There all the same GN1 or something... Guess I should download the manual and find out exactly.

Edit: just dl the manual the tubes are 6N1

Edit2: http://www.hotroxuk.com/sovtek-6n1-p.html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=organic
Are they the same 6N1-P?

All these alternate and extra letters mean nothing to me :shrug:

Last edited:
well a quick search where I buy tubes also only showed the 6N1-P as well. usually the letter after on tubes designates some difference but the main numbering (6N1 in this case) is what really matters. Sorry forgot all about this and those are tubes I'm not familiar with at all.

If you can find some NOS us/eur tubes for a decent price that is usually the way to go. Tubes are one thing that definitely follow the "they don't make them like they used too". The best thing to do is see if you can find somewhere that describes somewhat the sound of the ones your looking for as every brand has it's own characteristics.

Russian Soviet era Vokshod 6N1P-EV valves sound incredible. The -EV indicates that they were made for military use and are made a bit more solidly than the regular Vokshod 6N1P valves and tend to generate less noise as well. They're incredibly cheap. I can definitely recommend them.

I've found that in my tube amp (Yaqin MC10T) the 6N2P-EV's + socket adapters sound just as good as using a pair of far more expensive 1950's manufacture Raytheon 12AX7 Black Plates ($80 a pair), and those are some amazing sounding tubes. Definitely check out the Vokshod 6N1P-EV's for your amp. $20 should get you 10-20 valves shipped from either Rusia or the Ukraine on eBay.

Russian Soviet era Vokshod 6N1P-EV valves sound incredible. The -EV indicates that they were made for military use and are made a bit more solidly than the regular Vokshod 6N1P valves and tend to generate less noise as well. They're incredibly cheap. I can definitely recommend them.

I've found that in my tube amp (Yaqin MC10T) the 6N2P-EV's + socket adapters sound just as good as using a pair of far more expensive 1950's manufacture Raytheon 12AX7 Black Plates ($80 a pair), and those are some amazing sounding tubes. Definitely check out the Vokshod 6N1P-EV's for your amp. $20 should get you 10-20 valves shipped from either Rusia or the Ukraine on eBay.

Cool, I'll check em out... Fine price too :thup:

Back