• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG My First Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woadi

Hey guys! New to the site and love all the work I see.http://www.overclockers.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

So I decided to make my own desk case. I'm tried of my computer sitting on the ground, so i want to put my computer in the desk. I got a lot of good idea on google and my boss. Big thanks to him for letting me use the shop and all his help. So this is what I got so far.

20140501_200752_zps75812e81.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I'm using 1" sq tube

20140519_200431_zps6d8233bf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
These are the legs 3'-1/2" round tubes (sorry for the bad pic)

20140522_175043_zps0f7c9a78.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Frame is built

20140610_194640_zpsaebf4a9f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140625_191051_zps125b6e2d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140726_161120_zpsdcf63808.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Prime ready for paint

20140804_174034_zpsb5d0a6eb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The caps for the legs

20140807_170103_zps29aee005.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The angle that hold the sides

20140814_195239_RichtoneHDR_zps62ec56fa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Painted!!!!

This is what I got so far. I'm waiting on our CNC machine at work to be fix, so I can cut the side panels for the fans. Then I can paint them and put it back together.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I stay in pompano beach

I use Nason ful-thane, it's a 1 stage paint

Techjesse- Yeah that the one I seen on google lol. But I wasn't going to spend that much $ on one. lol

Last edited:
Yeah, that looked really professional. Never used Nason myself, how's it lay down? I see some orange peel, but that happens with anything really. Been dabbling with kustom clear coat's myself lately, been rather impressed with their offerings.

Does "ful-thane" have UV protection? I know a lot of those single stage paints will "yellow" out over time, would be a shame for that to happen on such a great product!

Yeah, that looked really professional. Never used Nason myself, how's it lay down? I see some orange peel, but that happens with anything really. Been dabbling with kustom clear coat's myself lately, been rather impressed with their offerings.

Does "ful-thane" have UV protection? I know a lot of those single stage paints will "yellow" out over time, would be a shame for that to happen on such a great product!

I have used all variations of Nason. It holds up to UV pretty good. about 5 years ago we painted a horse trailer red and white with Nason Ful-Thane and it still looks as good as the day we painted it. It does leave a little more orange peel than say the Ful-Cryl or the Ful-Base/SelectClear. You can get those two pretty smooth but the Ful-Thane is still pretty good.

Truth be told, I prefer Nason SelectClear over Dupont... excuse me... now it's "AXALTA" ChromaClear anyway. It just lays smoother and looks better IMO.

To the OP, this looks great! I love the color choice... :thup: Of course orange is my favorite color, so I'm a bit biased. :p

That green is going to look nice with it as well...

Haha orange peel never bugs me, I'm an ace with sandpaper and compounds :p

Glad to hear it holds up well. I'll see if my local store carries or supplies it. That orange is spectacular!

Edit : you use a cat primer or 1k? Know a lot of boys are swapping to epoxy primers lately.

Back