• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Monster Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Holy smokes. A big turn of events by Miguel building a super rig.

entrepreneurs-types-trevor-mcclintock.jpg

In that case I'll recommend you go with a AX1500i as your main and Noiseblocker eLoops B12 PWM with a bunch of Swiftech PWM Splitter for extreme silence with that much heat surface. I might even say you won't need that much heat surface since you'll hit diminishing returns me thinks. Run them in just push configuration since they are pricey fans at very low speed for a very silent operation. If you decide not to go with PWM than you can get the voltage version of those fans.

So basically its going to be something like this? :drool:

I am not sure but I think you could have another "PC" setup on the other side of it? Say like a server?

Nonetheless, can't wait for some shots of this build. I would also recommend on waiting for X99, DDR4 with the arrival of the new 5xxx intel chips. :attn: :drool::drool::drool:

Holy smokes. A big turn of events by Miguel building a super rig.

entrepreneurs-types-trevor-mcclintock.jpg

In that case I'll recommend you go with a AX1500i as your main and Noiseblocker eLoops B12 PWM with a bunch of Swiftech PWM Splitter for extreme silence with that much heat surface. I might even say you won't need that much heat surface since you'll hit diminishing returns me thinks. Run them in just push configuration since they are pricey fans at very low speed for a very silent operation. If you decide not to go with PWM than you can get the voltage version of those fans.

So basically its going to be something like this? :drool:

I am not sure but I think you could have another "PC" setup on the other side of it? Say like a server?

Nonetheless, can't wait for some shots of this build. I would also recommend on waiting for X99, DDR4 with the arrival of the new 5xxx intel chips. :attn: :drool::drool::drool:

Similar to that one, he has the TX10-D mine is the TX-V, the D is for dual system an the V is a Vvvvery expensive single system :p but yes its the same case, just mine doesnt have a mobo tray on the other side.

Also that AX1500 is super nice, but because i can run 3 PSU in this system, ill probably do 2 EVGA 1300 (price is great) and a HX1050 for fans and pumps

And finally i cant afford those fans :( i wish i could

Last edited:
lol $27 each, and if i do get all 10 rads, thats 80 fans, thats $2160 in fans :O hehe i know u said to do push or pull only that still over $1000.. damm fans are expensive :p

btw i should get my 1st batch of radiators tomorrow, debating on start taking pictures now or wait until i have everything and then start taking pics as i build things

Last edited:
lol $27 each, and if i do get all 10 rads, thats 80 fans, thats $2160 in fans :O hehe i know u said to do push or pull only that still over $1000.. damm fans are expensive :p

btw i should get my 1st batch of radiators tomorrow, debating on start taking pictures now or wait until i have everything and then start taking pics as i build things

Go to a manufacturer with your plans and ask for a discount on fans or even sponsoring, a lot of people who mod/build get the small things for free as long as they 'plug' the product.

Even with fittings, skip the retailer and ask. Especially as some monsta builds have 1k worth of small unseen shet!

Phone them direct!

Go to a manufacturer with your plans and ask for a discount on fans or even sponsoring, a lot of people who mod/build get the small things for free as long as they 'plug' the product.

Even with fittings, skip the retailer and ask. Especially as some monsta builds have 1k worth of small unseen shet!

Phone them direct!

I contacted Alphacool and got shutdown, contacted evga and no answer, will contact few fans manufacture today... Any tips on who to contact for fittings?

you have to make sure you market yourself too; member of OCF, going to plug and post the crap out of whatever gear you get, and you should even consider entering a few contest with this rig/build.

you have to make sure you market yourself too; member of OCF, going to plug and post the crap out of whatever gear you get, and you should even consider entering a few contest with this rig/build.

+1

Case shipped!!!!, Aqua Computer joined the party =) they will be also semi-sponsoring this build with their video card blocks.

Also Silenx will be semi-sponsoring this build with their fans

Last edited:
So just found out that the Aqua Computer water blocks wont work on my cards because they have a higher/bigger caps than the other 290x cards... So ill have to find something else for them to support me on

yes they are the only ones that make a block that will fit my card, which suck :p i was getting a reallllly good deal with aqua o well...

Have you guys use their fittings? specially their plug and cool line up

Back