• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Monster Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Apart from that, any news on the Hardware specs yet? Rampage X99? 5960X? 4x Titan Black?

He bought a 5960K and is thinking about returning it last I heard...

ED is correct is bought a 5960x and im thinking about return it, to many issues with boards, and chips, some oc very well others just suck, motherboards burning, not booting, just to many issues to mix with my own issues...

So im thinking about building the system with X79, and then after i know my water setup is spot on, then move on to X99

but still unsure

Last edited:
Got Power?

So out of the 3 psu can you guys think of any reason i should keep the 2 8 pin cpu cables and the mobo cable? Im thinking about unsolder them, and out of all the cables just keep the green and black for power on signal. I can sleeve those 2 cables to make it look neat anyways icemodz will provide me with all custom cables so

I havnet read 100% up on X99, but i did read about the issue with the Asus Delux board burning from ram OC. this became a hot topic on many forums, and od thing is, meny testers came forward and said they had not had the same issue. That said, you should be looking at the Gigabyte OC or Asus Rampage boards for this build. Not mid rang hardware.

Going X79 just seems like a waist, if you are buying new, then the value for resale will drop faster then a penny from the empire state building. The fact of the matter is, as far a CPU's go, its the same, there are never 2 identical cpu's. No matter where you go. I got a rubbish 4770K. Its a lottery, thats how it is.

I havnet read 100% up on X99, but i did read about the issue with the Asus Delux board burning from ram OC. this became a hot topic on many forums, and od thing is, meny testers came forward and said they had not had the same issue. That said, you should be looking at the Gigabyte OC or Asus Rampage boards for this build. Not mid rang hardware.

Going X79 just seems like a waist, if you are buying new, then the value for resale will drop faster then a penny from the empire state building. The fact of the matter is, as far a CPU's go, its the same, there are never 2 identical cpu's. No matter where you go. I got a rubbish 4770K. Its a lottery, thats how it is.

I was looking at the msi x99s gaming 9 ac $430 i read few reviews and ppl love it but not sure eh

Also i already have the x79 parts so it wouldnt be buying new

Last edited:
So far, its an anomaly... but yes, it happened. I also recall it being a lower model than the Gaming 9 AC which has different power bits.

So far, its an anomaly... but yes, it happened. I also recall it being a lower model than the Gaming 9 AC which has different power bits.

Both are an anomaly so far, but I still found it worth informing Miguel.

So how do manufactures handle this? mobo goes on fire, burns cpu, maybe damages more component... do they pay for it? pay for fixing case?

Well, my life with MSI boards ended with my Z77 Mpower.. Honestly, you gotta look far to find a bios thats so pointless... It may have changed, but stick inside a small loop og Asus, AsRock and Gigabyte.

Funny. I find the MSI bios one of the easiest to navigate and find things... At least the Click bios... which the Z77 has. ASUS to me is confusing... though I like Asrock and Giga's.

Funny. I find the MSI bios one of the easiest to navigate and find things... At least the Click bios... which the Z77 has. ASUS to me is confusing... though I like Asrock and Giga's.

ASRock Z97 UEFI :drool:
One of the easiest to use with mouse or keyboard.

LOL i had all the formula z77 mobos and now using a mpower. apart from rog connect and vga hotwire which are awesome, i prefer the mpower. another feature of asus is the flashback bios, removable bios chips and they tend to have better pcie lane arrangements. (not hanging off the mobo)

ignore the fires or smoke... choose what you prefer and always buy the best you can when buying new

ignore the fires or smoke... choose what you prefer and always buy the best you can when buying new

True that :) thats the only reason im thinking about x99, because if i dont get it now, i wont later... but im not sure i can justify it in my mind :) haha i have a return label for the 5960x but still havent ship it back

The X 99 boards will are currently going through teething pains bios wise; it will get fixed, it is a question of when. I would avoid MSI,and Evga. Pretty much any of the manufacturers are a good choice.

The X 99 boards will are currently going through teething pains bios wise; it will get fixed, it is a question of when. I would avoid MSI,and Evga. Pretty much any of the manufacturers are a good choice.

I wouldn't count out EVGA since they come with some of the best customer service hands down.

I wouldn't count out EVGA since they come with some of the best customer service hands down.

I have not seen a decent eVGA board since the Classy largly due to Shammy.

They simply have not been able to replace him

true though, support second to none in the industry

The MSI Xpower is now availible

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130792

Jury is still out on this board, but looks like it has the potencial to be the best MSI solution

Still like the RVE with the current options availible.

For a build of this magnitude I would use a top flight board.

That being said the Extreme 6 brings a lot to the table in an ambient arena if budget is a concern

Evga customer service is great by all accounts, and I have no problem by an Evga video card. The Extreme 6 is a solid board without question.

Back