• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus ROG Swift 27" Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, $100 over msrp. Limited availability upon release will drive prices up.

Wow, $100 over msrp. Limited availability upon release will drive prices up.

That's how the 4K Samsung was. You could place an order for it from Amazon itself as the seller to get around the gouging Koreans to be shipped when back in stock. I don't even see a link on Amazon for it though :-(

Is it not relatively pointless having G-sync on a monitor which such a high res monitor with 144Hz? Is tearing really a problem with such a high refresh rate?

I play on a 120Hz screen and I never have v-sync on, I never see tearing...

Is it not relatively pointless having G-sync on a monitor which such a high res monitor with 144Hz? Is tearing really a problem with such a high refresh rate?

I play on a 120Hz screen and I never have v-sync on, I never see tearing...

You probably just don't notice it, some games just don't tear as much as other games for some reason.

Tearing does not occur only when going over the monitor's refresh rate, despite what people may believe.

You probably just don't notice it, some games just don't tear as much as other games for some reason.

Tearing does not occur only when going over the monitor's refresh rate, despite what people may believe.

Interesting... I assume that tearing is less of a problem when framerate is below a monitors maximum refresh rate? Or is that game dependant?

I've been doing the refresh game for a few days on and off now. Preorders at NewEgg and TigerDirect, and almost snagged one at Amazon, but no luck.

Oh, well!

Back