• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iRacing - 3 Months Free

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
In part of their sponsorship of the Nurburgring 1000 the iRacing team is offering 3 free months of membership to any new users.
http://www.iracing.com/nurburgring1000/
Offer is open until 10/15/2014

If you've been on the fence about trying iRacing, this is a great chance for you.

I recommend a wheel and pedals for this, but a controller would suffice.

If you are going to sign up because of this post, please let me know by PM first, as iRacing does have a referral program.

Now, RACE ON!

I've been practicing these past few days, and I can really see how a wheel would shine in this game. Controller gets me across the finish line, but far from a clean race.

Just when I really started enjoying the game, I have to go out of town for a week for work :(

When I get back, I'll chat you up on how I can economically (cheaply) upgrade my setup into a more Sim Racing setup.

Thanks again for the referral and those that haven't tried it, you really should.

I've been practicing these past few days, and I can really see how a wheel would shine in this game. Controller gets me across the finish line, but far from a clean race.

Just when I really started enjoying the game, I have to go out of town for a week for work :(

When I get back, I'll chat you up on how I can economically (cheaply) upgrade my setup into a more Sim Racing setup.

Thanks again for the referral and those that haven't tried it, you really should.

There's actually some surprisingly cheap paths to a decent wheel/pedal setup!
(The link in my sig has a guide to sim racing. My guide to wheels/pedals/shifters is included in the thread summary there.)

Have a good trip!!

PM'd!

I agree, Assetto Corsa is good, but it lacks a lot to me on the game engine.

Must have missed your post above psyko, you've got a PM now :)

Back