• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adobe flash problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

I am having intermittent issues with adobe flash. Im a clean install of windows, have installed the latest flash player, but half the time is says I "need flash" on youtube or groove shark. Any ideas? Obviously chrome is fine, but for other processes its rather annoying!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no avail.

Does the Adobe site verify that flash is installed?

Does it work in IE or firefox?

If you go here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
and if it says
You have version 14,0,0,179 installed
(or later)

then you have the latest version installed.

This may not be your problem but lots of sites say you need to download the latest version of Flash so that they can slip you a Trojan by making you thing their "link" will install Flash for you...

"You have version 14,0,0,177 installed"

It just seems intermittent. In IE, youtube vids show up half the time, other times they do the "missing plugin :(" thing

In Chrome--> about://plugins, what Flash Player plug-ins shows up when you click the Details link in the upper right, and which are enabled or disabled?

ok, after a good week of dinking with this... I have discovered I had "adobe flash player for internet explorer" not the "other browsers" or whatever I just downloaded. Fixed everything.

I think it was because you loaded a page with Internet Explorer then tried it with another browser and thus a page about Flash being missing.

Back