• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Failing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
I ask this with some trepidation in that I probably already know the answer:

Returned to a power-saver off vid card to observe gray and black thin vertical lines that returned to normal after reboot. This is the ATI 5750.

First time? Does it repeat this behavior? Different drivers? Tried not having it on and just having the monitor power down?

First time? Does it repeat this behavior? Different drivers? Tried not having it on and just having the monitor power down?

Joe,

First time, display and drivers have been static for a couple years, I don't change this stuff unless forced to. Couple days ago I returned to "No signal"
after a mouse move power-up (not sleep). Rebooted to a normal screen. This never happened before and perhaps it's a clue to get my backup card out.....
GPU Temps never over ~50-55C.

Hey RT, you ever change the factory TIM on that card? Maybe the card overheated and thus you got that "No Signal" error.

Check your vid cable from monitor to card?

Hardware Monitor logs show never over 55C so I don't think it's a heat / TIM problem.
Reseated cable.........upgraded Flash Player about 6 days ago............
Dusting off backup GPU!

Yes, I'm a long way from the oven trick Rob. Actually card probably isn't worth the oven trick!

Well RT, if you need a loaner, hit me up. I have a 7800GS you can use ;)

Neb,

I have an older passive ATI 3450 that I have used in the interim of getting a new card. It ain't big and pretty but it does the job. Thank you just the same.
Lemme let this power down and see if it does that same on wakeup again.

Maybe I just need a full system upgrade............:rofl:

Back