• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does a quality psu offer protections?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is what I thought... but the surrounding wording took me away from that (the smells, etc).

Paper is what I call that, not a sheet. I consider a sheet something that goes on my bed or it is preceded by or followed by another descriptive word telling me what kind of sheet it is...sheet of paper...bed sheet... holy sheet. You know? :p

we got a new chasis for the dual core, no sheets are necessary anymore. Now the question is, how much power is he really consuming? we got the quality power supply installed, but i wonder, how much does that rig consumes? just a curiosity, googling nvidia claims that a nvidia gt 520 consume 29 watts. And the tdp of the dual core wolfdale e6600 3.02 has a tdp of 65w. so at full load he is consuming 94 watts? is this possible? the website to calculate power usage has no nvidia gt 520 and also claims a e6600 consume 140 watt at full load. whats your opinion? :rolleyes:

bonus question: does integrated graphic cards have their own power consumption? or do the cpu power consumption allows the integrated gpu to work? (intel hd 4600)

Last edited:
That is probably in the ballpark.

The CPU's power includes the GPU.

that is probably in the ballpark? what?

so would we save power going from that rig above to i3/i5 (with integrated 4600 ones) ? how much power would we save in full load

Also the magnetic components are harder to overload because they're bigger. On the left is a transformer from a Logisys PSU rated for 575W. The owner improved the quality by substituting the larger transformer from an Aspire PSU having a more honest rating of 500W:

4294061544_2e391edae5.jpg

Back