• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Drivers Suddenly Missing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rpjkw11

The latest drivers are listed as 337.88 have up and disappeared, even Driver Cleaner Pro doesn't list them. I tried installing new ones from nVidia, but I get and error during installation. Looking in Win 7 System, it says there are none. This just happened about two hours ago while running Flight Simulator. So, how do I remove drivers that supposedly aren't there and get new ones to install?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

BTW, this concerns my laptop.

i7 4700MQ, nVidia Geforce GTX 770M, 8GB G.Skil 1600 RAM. Strange that everything appears to be working fine, but I get notices that a driver search is underway, which seems odd if I'm OK.

Let's back up. You're using a driver cleaner pro to assist, is that correct?

If so, run Malwarebytes first. See what it says. If your system is running fine other than getting a third party alert, I would suspect the third party software is wanting to, or already has, install something that isn't necessary, maybe even harmful.

What was going on was, for some reason, I started getting messages apparently from Microsoft telling me it had to re-download and install video drivers. So, I logged onto nVidia's site to install drivers (my current was 337.88 out of date) but I kept getting "fail" and the drivers wouldn't update/install. I opened Driver Cleaner Pro with the idea of removing any old drivers, but "nVidia" was all I saw and didn't want to go that far. After trying half a dozen times to install new drivers, I opted a "clean install" and that seemed to work. I was even able to install GeForce 2-point-something plus the newest drivers.

So everything seems to be working properly again.

Thank you for the responses; they undid "brain blockage".

Back