• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with 3 monitor display!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

I currently have 2x XFX Double D 7850 video cards and 3x Dell S2440L monitors.

The monitors are HDMI or VGA

My cards have: 1 x HDMI 2 x Mini DisplayPort 2 x DVI (1 Single Link, 1 Dual Link)

Left monitor is hooked up via HDMI on my 2nd card. Middle monitor is hooked up via HDMI on first card, right monitor is hooked up via VGA > mini display port on first card.

When I try to run Arma 3 in fullscreen window mode, it opens on left monitor and i can't get it to move to middle monitor. When I run it in window mode it opens on middle monitor and i can move it to any monitor.

Do I have my monitors hooked up correctly?

No I keep eyefinity turned off for the momnent. It won't work with 2 hdmi / 1 mini display port. Says my left monitor which is HDMI isn't available. I also have an DVI > VGA adapter. But I don't want eyefinity at the moment cause it lagged like crazy in arma 3 and looked weird couldn't ever get the resolution correct. I just want arma 3 on the middle monitor in borderless window mode.

Sometimes when I run Arma 3 in fullscreen window mode and it starts on the left monitor, I can unplug the cables from my video cards and replug them in and it'll appear on the middle monitor. But that only works sometimes.

Also, another weird error I'm noticing. Or weird effect. The arma 3 options shows FPS on it. I have it in Window mode < Left Monitor: 60 FPS, Window Mode < Middle Monitor: 30 FPS, Window Mode < Right Monitor: 35 FPS. WTF is up with this?

Last edited:
Set the middle monitor to default in your Windows display settings.

it is set to default. Every game i open runs on the middle monitor except arma 3. Just trying to figure out if it's an Arma 3 problem or if I don't have something hooked up right.

If ARMA3 is the only game doing it then the issue is with the game.
Does the game have a "Fullscreen Windowed" mode?

yea it has fullscreen window mode. That's what I try to run it in but it only runs on the left monitor in fullscreen window mode. And using DisplayFusion I try to force the game to go to the middle monitor and it won't.

yea it has fullscreen window mode. That's what I try to run it in but it only runs on the left monitor in fullscreen window mode. And using DisplayFusion I try to force the game to go to the middle monitor and it won't.

Definitely a game bug then.
I've used DisplayFusion extensively myself, and that includes moving many Fullscreen Windowed games.

Shouldn't all your monitors be plugged into the top card on your motherboard and did you try the display port on the center monitor.

Last edited:
In eyefinity all monitors have to be plugged into the primary card. With the 7 series cards that means you need either an active displayport adapter or a displayport monitor because one of the dvi ports is shared with the hdmi port.

Back