• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire issues...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

I've been dealing with this for a really long time and just figured I'd post it here in case anyone has any known solutions I haven't heard of for this...

Attached is a shot of various monitors while playing BF4 on my system. As you can see, on one GPU, the GPU and memory clocks are consistent througout, but the utilization is consistent, but very low... around 60%. On the other GPU, the GPU clock is all over the place, the memory clock is fairly consistent and the utilization is all over the place from 100% to 70-80% and occasionally dips even below 50%. I'm running WHQL Catalyst 14.4 drivers right now, but it has happened with earlier rev's as well. System specs are in my sig. Any ideas on what to try?

v6OMBKu.jpg

No. I should also note - this happens on other games as well. It is not just BF4. I can also say it is not a result of some kind of thermal throttling because it happens the moment the game starts up.

DirectX... I have tried Mantle and have seen either no improvements or decreased performance. Mantle is very "stuttery" for me... Last I heard, the drivers still have not optimized Mantle for 7000-series cards. Is that not still the case?

Catalyst 14.7 is the latest out.. have you tried that or any other beta after the few month old drives you are currently running?

14.7 is a Beta... I haven't tried it, but I've been keeping an eye on the release notes to see if there's anything interesting. I haven't seen anything about Mantle or Xfire improvements for 7000-series cards or BF4. If I recall correctly, I did try 14.5 when it came out, but there was no improvement, so I reverted back to latest WHQL - 14.4.

I really don't think this is a driver problem because it has been doing this for several driver iterations and between each one, I've followed this method of driver cleanup:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379461

I will try that, but it doesn't explain why the issue occurs with other games such as Crysis 3...

Btw, is that a known fix?

Back