• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox One issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inkfx

In the last 2-3 months I've been having some issues with the console. I've done a bit of searching online but no good answers to my problem. Problem is, the console will randomly turn on and off. It also is ejecting game discs at random which is very annoying when in the middle of playing. (I have tried disconnecting the Kinect but the problem persists) Before I take it to GameStop or back to Microsoft for a new console, I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and if so, what is the fix? It has also been kicking me off of Xbox Live quite frequently when I'm watching Netflix. Really annoying when the family and I are together watching a movie or a show. I don't believe it's a network issue. None of my PC or mobile devices get booted off the network and the Xbox network config says I have internet access. The Xbox will just have me sign in over and over again, just to tell me I need to upgrade to Xbox Live Gold (which I already have).

my xbox also boots/resets randomly, problem is it also has my projector power button settings, so I will come back to my room to see my projector has been on for hours doing nothing :( has only happened a couple times though.

as for signing off, and disconnecting, I dont have any of those problems.
Have you tried deleting your profile, and re-downloading it? what about reinstalling netflix? Also, somewhere in settings you can uncheck a setting where your xbox will download and install updates by itself, that could be a reason for randomly turning on/off.
Also, I have a 360 that will randomly eject and turn off as well, but the problem i found out for that is that it got really dusty and needed cleaning, because the dust was making contact and it would think I actually pressed the button(eject/power). Try some compressed air if yours is dirty :)

Back