• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED folding on a pos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
s462 used both 5V and 12V for the CPU, if it'll run a 3200+ it's probably a 12V board.
Not that I'm aware of any s462 boards with PCIe slots, and certainly not 5V CPU with PCIe.

Asus socket 462 motherboards always use +5 V! And you cannot get PCI-E on a socket 462 motherboard.

mine is an asus amberinem, socket 939.

I'm stll looking for a folding focused linux disto but it's looking like I'll have to make one.

mine is an asus amberinem, socket 939.

I'm stll looking for a folding focused linux disto but it's looking like I'll have to make one.

That's be cool to see if it improves the PPD - trouble is AMD support sucks for Linux, so it will have to be a Nvidia only folding OS :-/

that is what i am running into, amd card support is poor and that is what i have laying around idle.

If you DO have an old Socket 462, or Socket 478 (pentium 4), then you can use this converter. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-to-PCI-...226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23189f5ba2

I've seen these used on old mining rig setups by people that had such hardware lying around. From the pictures I"ve seen, you can only run one converter. So, only one GPU per old non-PCIe motherboard - I'm speculating it is because of how PCI works.

If you DO have an old Socket 462, or Socket 478 (pentium 4), then you can use this converter. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-to-PCI-...226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23189f5ba2

I've seen these used on old mining rig setups by people that had such hardware lying around. From the pictures I"ve seen, you can only run one converter. So, only one GPU per old non-PCIe motherboard - I'm speculating it is because of how PCI works.

The only issue I see is link bandwidth. I'm unsure if folding requires a lot of pci bandwidth, if it does it'll be pretty bad on those rigs.
I do want to buy one to try it out, but at $30 + shipping..... :shrug:

Back