• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking UEFI/BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hellsgrandad

Hi all, just joined and hope someone can help me sort out the above problem, I have a PB TE69KB laptop running Win8.1, I am trying to install a new HDD and also install Win 7 as I don't like 8 at all, when accessing BIOS via the F2 key all except user and HDD password are greyed out, I have updated everything but still no joy, secure boot is enabled but as said I can't access it, the new HDD is recognised but when I put the Win7 disk in the CD drive I am told it is locked. I read in your forums about using the shift key on shutdown, tried it no luck, also tried changing PC settings for UEFI didn't work either, any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Personal opinion Win8 is to intrusive,
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forums.

If you are uninstalling Windows 8 because of the horrific UI, YOU CAN HAVE WINDOWS 7 LOOKING WINDOWS 8 in less than 30 seconds:
TRY IT AND YOU WILL SEE:

http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

ClassicShellCustom.jpg

ClassicShellDisableCharms.png

ClassicShellStartButtonImage.png
Then browse to this file:

Attachments

• ClassicShellWindows7.png
    ClassicShellWindows7.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 465
Hi Robert, thanks for the help with this, guess I'll have to stick with 8.1, one of the reasons for wanting to install Win7 was so I could play The Witcher 1 and 2 which 8 will not recognise even with compatibility wizard, thanks again for the help,
Cheers

Back