• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] AMD FX 8350 Oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

detonatorss

Hey first of all i have oced my processor in a Asrock 970 Extreme4 now i have CPUTIN at 58'5ºC is a good temperature? al the other values are correct.
What should i do?
I have a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme

Thanks for the help

Pictures worth thousands of words...

...This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

Normally during setup and testing we disable C1/E, C6, Cool N Quiet, APM, TurboCore and in windows performance manager itself we set to "performance" mode. That way there are not "other" settings messing with the overclocking process. Some of those settings are not available on all models of cpu but where in evidence we disable for setup of overclock process.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

I'm not sure if I understand what you need help for, but if it is the temp then I don't think you have anything to worry about, 60ºC is very low (assuming this was during stress and not idling).

What are your core temperatures? And under which circumstances did you reach them?

yes is in stress the maximum cpu tempreature is about 50ºC, in idle is at 20 to 30

PS:
To RGone i have disabled this things, now at moment i have throttle i don't know why TT
ihave oced to 4,6

Last edited:
The problem you are experiencing is due to the motherboard itself. Even on better boards the 8350 topped out at 4.5-4.6, your board is only a 4 phase VRM for the CPU. My advice would be to back off to stock settings and leave all the power saving on. This will at least help your board cope.

That depends on your budget but if you want something to go as fast as your cooler will let you I recommend the Sabertooth R 2.0

Back