• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lets move up. - Hwbot Team ranks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsuperbgx

Benching Team Leader
It looks like we are currently sitting in 8th place at 41404 bts.
7th is at 41825
6th is at 42100

I think both of those are within reach. Let's do it!!

Also, team cup is ongoing. We could use everyone's help.

Those numbers are before all the bugged UCB scores come out. You might be surprised. Team CP lost 1000 points and we're much smaller than you are.
In any case, GL with your quest. :)

Revision 6 is coming too, but it doesn't look like that should change points. Though, we have a history of being punished by hwbot revisions, so I am skeptical.

Is there ongoing discussion of the ucb changes and points clean up? I don't recall seeing any recent discussion at hwbot.

UCBench 2011 will probably screw me over once they get through all of the submissions.

I made a lot of submissions before I was even aware of any bug with that benchmark. I don't really know how many of mine are bugged, or if any of the existing ones were bugged. Some might be, I haven't looked through all of mine. Would really rather not have to re-run a bunch of hardware, especially since I've already killed some of it.

I know GENiEBEN already screwed me over once though. Deleted a legitimate submission claiming that it was bugged because 56 threads/2 threads=23 (an odd number), it doesn't, the correct math is 56/2=28 (an even number). And he messed up his math, but still wouldn't admit his mistake even when I pointed it out to him.

Back on topic: Yeah, going for 7th place sounds good.

Last edited:
I'm helping as much as I can, brushing up on the Intel side.

I posted at the thread you linked, to get some clarification. The thread seems to have died as soon as I posted. I would go through our results and spread the word on watching for bugged runs, if I had a little clearer explanation of which ones were bugged.

That's a lot of the problem. Not a lot of people actually know what to look for. I know you're trying to do the right thing. That counts for more than actually fixing it. :cheers:

It looks like we are currently sitting in 8th place at 41404 bts.
7th is at 41825
6th is at 42100

I think both of those are within reach. Let's do it!!

Also, team cup is ongoing. We could use everyone's help.

Saw we're close...woohoo!!! SS is down so it's cascade and random 775's for a while. Know there's got to be more decent cpus...just gotta find them. Go team!!!

UCBench 2011 will probably screw me over once they get through all of the submissions.

I made a lot of submissions before I was even aware of any bug with that benchmark. I don't really know how many of mine are bugged, or if any of the existing ones were bugged. Some might be, I haven't looked through all of mine. Would really rather not have to re-run a bunch of hardware, especially since I've already killed some of it.

I know GENiEBEN already screwed me over once though. Deleted a legitimate submission claiming that it was bugged because 56 threads/2 threads=23 (an odd number), it doesn't, the correct math is 56/2=28 (an even number). And he messed up his math, but still wouldn't admit his mistake even when I pointed it out to him.

Back on topic: Yeah, going for 7th place sounds good.
Ugh...tell me about it. Already lost 3 1st and 2nd place subs :( Just hoping that the haircut will be evenly spread across everyone.

5960x and Asus RVE are on the way.
:drool: Frickin' wicked MetalRacer! Fingers crossed that you got a monster chip!

That's a lot of the problem. Not a lot of people actually know what to look for. I know you're trying to do the right thing. That counts for more than actually fixing it. :cheers:

Yeah...I still have to go examine my other blocked subs to double check. Why did it take so darn long to find the bug??

Only time anything gets fixed over there is if one of the factory guys get there toes stepped on

WTF ?

I was right, this is going to be a PITA. Somebody just reported a half-dozen of my submissions, I can't really deny they are bugged though, now that I've looked at them and know what to look for. But I didn't know they were bugged when I submitted them. Crud, so much stuff to re-bench.

Reported the same submission two or three times for good measure it seems, because I got multiple emails about the same one.

Apparently whoever this person is, they are calling the "no affinity" option a bug. No idea if that's true.

I'll just delete them before a moderator gets to them.

Last edited:
No affinity option has nothing to do with the bug.

Somebody seems to think it does. It wasn't a moderator though, because it says the submission was reported by a user and not a moderator.

I assumed as much.

I just tested this by making one run with no affinity and one with regular affinity, the no affinity run was no better than the regular affinity run.

Back