• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any one who has me on their threat list...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
If I am on your "threat" list or if you have been chasing me down, you have a reprieve.

I just took out my two main point earners in prep for a dedicated folding machine. So my ppd is way down.

I put in two older cards into my main gaming rig which play awesome frame rates but have crap ppd. Additionally, I had a mechanical problem with my card installation and I had to shut down until I get that straightened out.

Rest assured, these setbacks are only temporary and I will be above my full speed in short order.

FOLD ON!

:comp:

must be all the dust from that house remodel. mucking up the folders. whats this dedicated folding machine pray tell . I would love to see you on my threat list.

must be all the dust from that house remodel. mucking up the folders. whats this dedicated folding machine pray tell . I would love to see you on my threat list.

The new dedicated folder will be an older core i7-920, 6GB RAM, a small SSD and my two R9-280X's. By moving those cards to the new rig, I can put it in the basement and fold full speed 24/7. When I had them in my main rig in the office, I had to underclock at night and stop folding while gaming. I should be able to get full PPD on those cards soon. I had to order a new power supply and motherboard. The MB is in but the PS is on the way. With any luck, I can get one of my older coolers to work on the CPU and I will be folding.

I will not be able to get on your threats list but I'm gonna try. I've already started to look for a 3rd R9 to put in the rig. We'll see where that idea goes.

Nice remodel is what I'm reading for you. Sounds like some nice ppd headed your way. Guess I'll have to think on this a bit....

Nice remodel is what I'm reading for you. Sounds like some nice ppd headed your way. Guess I'll have to think on this a bit....
Sorry Robert. equinox is reffering to a kitchen remodle that I've been posting on FB. Lost of drywall dust to be sure.

Thank you. I'm sure my ppd will be awesome once I get everything together and folding. I'm looking for you to close the gap and to push me on in points. You Texans do everything big right? ;)

I've been busy with the type work that puts beans on the table so haven't been doing any hardware updates of my own (updated a PC for my wife's cousin; would he be referred to as a cousin-in-law?) Anyway, got a 660Ti sitting here, some older boards, hmmmm.....time to take inventory....

I've been busy with the type work that puts beans on the table so haven't been doing any hardware updates of my own (updated a PC for my wife's cousin; would he be referred to as a cousin-in-law?) Anyway, got a 660Ti sitting here, some older boards, hmmmm.....time to take inventory....

I just put my 660Ti into the mix. I'm not getting much out of it but it is folding. I use it more for PhysX while gaming with my 770 which I know does absolutely nothing for me but my friends don't know that and they think I'm cool.

Cousin-in-law sounds good. That means that I have "step counsins-in-law" out there that I talk with. There has to be a better way of saying that. :)

I'm taking a real beating for now. I just picked up two "threats" that were not there before. Come on guys. This may be your last chance for a while. :)

Good new/bad news depending on who you are. My new 80+ gold power supply came in. I got an 850 watt so that I can add a 3rd AMD GPU at a later date.

The bad news? I finally found the parts I was looking for to make my choosen CPU cooler work. Unfortunately, they are not for skt 1366. Oh whoa is me.

This too will be addressed in short order.

The new dedicated folder will be an older core i7-920, 6GB RAM, a small SSD and my two R9-280X's. By moving those cards to the new rig, I can put it in the basement and fold full speed 24/7.

In my system with an i7 860 and two R9 280X's (OC to 1165 MHz) I get around 350k PPD folding 24/7. You should be about the same.

With that extra 350K PPD you should jump into the top ten producers for Team 32!

I took a huge hit this weekend. Friday night we lost power for about 12 hours and I never recovered until last night. It looks like I'm getting about 120k ppd from the 660/770 combo once it kicks in.

I am just about ready to build the dedicated folder. I took a HSF from a Dell. The backplate was built into the MB so I am looking at getting nuts to fit the HSF and bolt it directly to my new MB. If that works, my new rig will be up and running this weekend.

If I am on your "threat" list or if you have been chasing me down, you have a reprieve.

I just took out my two main point earners in prep for a dedicated folding machine. So my ppd is way down.

I put in two older cards into my main gaming rig which play awesome frame rates but have crap ppd. Additionally, I had a mechanical problem with my card installation and I had to shut down until I get that straightened out.

Rest assured, these setbacks are only temporary and I will be above my full speed in short order.

FOLD ON!

:comp:

Well unless you start pumping out 10M a month, I don't think you'll catch me :rofl:

Well unless you start pumping out 10M a month, I don't think you'll catch me :rofl:

10 mil/mth? No problem.

On an unrelated note... could you lend me about 9.9 mil/mth production for the foreseeable future?

OK. My threats list is long. Last night I stopped by the local hard ware store and picked up some nuts to attach my Dell branded HSF. It worked. I have new paste and the HSF is attached. This weekend, I gut the case that this will go into and start loading the OS. If all goes well, I'll be folding on the new rig this weekend.

Well I hope to get this done finally. I've only been "talking" about it for months. Talk is over. The time for action is upon us.

Back