• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best CPU, MotherBoard, GPU configuration under 200 - 230$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dynamite

Registered
Hey guys,
I'm trying to decide which parts should i go with for my new PC.
Till now I have decided on EVERYTHING except for the ( in my opinion ) 3 most important components. I have around 200 - 230$ of my budget left to spend on these three components. If anybody can suggest any parts it would be really helpful.

The sole purpose of this PC is to play games on. I have another PC for all my video editing, rendering, even web browsing etc. Because of this I think that Intel is the better option as I will not need the 6-core AMD chips. I think that the Dual-Core hyper threaded Intel chips will be better. I also plan to overclock a bit to improve the speeds of the processor and I am buying an aftermarket cooler. So, I think that the Intel Pentium G3258 full unlocked processor is quite good as in some benchmarks I saw that it managed to reach 4.5Ghz. Can u guys please help me with the motherboard and GPU ?

Thanks.

Can you post your budget and current parts list?
The Specs that will go along with this build are -
Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green internal drive
Corsair Builder Series CX500
G.Skill Value Series 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM (4x2)
LG 24x OEM optical drive
Antec X1 Gaming Series ATX mid-tower Case

The budget for the whole build is 550$
I am spending 300$ on the parts above and need help choosing CPU, motherboard and GPU for about 250$

For that budget I would much rather have an FX-6300, GA-970A-UD3P, and a decent CPU cooler.
Games are taking advantage of more cores these days, and dual core CPUs are already getting maxed out.

For that budget I would much rather have an FX-6300, GA-970A-UD3P, and a decent CPU cooler.
Games are taking advantage of more cores these days, and dual core CPUs are already getting maxed out.
What about the GPU?

I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that I will be gaming at 1366 x 768 resolution.

You could go with any Geforce GTX 5xx, 6xx, or 7xx or AMD HD 68xx, 69xx, 78xx, 79xx, R7 xxx, or R9 xxx GPU then.

Resolutions that low are mostly CPU bound, so definitely get a good CPU cooler so you can overclock.

All of these GPUs will do well on ultra settings in all modern games?

Get a used gpu imo. A 7850 used will be around 100$ and will last the lifetime of your build

Back