• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Signals price cut on R9-295x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zorton_Maverick

If this has already been posted, apologies...

http://www.techpowerup.com/204802/amd-radeon-r9-295x2-to-get-promotional-price-open-to-all.html

Article --

AMD announced a series of retailer-specific promotions for its flagship Radeon R9 295X2 dual-GPU graphics card. The card, which launched at US $1,499, will be available for as low as $999, as part of retailer promotions. End users (you), and not just OEMs, will be able to buy the card at the three-figure price. The card will ship with its usual Radeon Rewards package, giving you access to over a dozen free games. Based on a pair of 28 nm "Hawaii" GPUs, the Radeon R9 295X2 features a total of 5,760 Graphics CoreNext 1.1 stream processors, 352 TMUs, and 128 ROPs, split between its two GPUs, and 8 GB of memory across its two 512-bit wide GDDR5 memory interfaces.

Big price reduction from $1500 down to $1000.
Tempted ?

this card was a fail even before they released it ;) ... too late and too expensive

Well, now its just too late...considering that the cheapest single card out is $490 here in the states...its also reference style PCB (not cooler).

Well, now its just too late...considering that the cheapest single card out is $490 here in the states...its also reference style PCB (not cooler).

The HIS version of the 290X is $505 after MIR and comes with a $50 NewEgg credit... So the cheapest card (assuming you're buying other stuff with it) is sort of only $455 :) A 295x2 for twice the price isn't all that bad a deal. Maybe the $1500 price tag was to keep the damned "miners" off of them so those of us who want GPUs to use as GPUs could get them :p I'd get one tomorrow if they'd give me one with a 140mm radiator.

Last edited:
Just be patient and it will drop even further, that's what happened with the 7990... across the pond it was around £800 new, then dropped to £540ish then again to £350ish. I picked mine up for £356 last November, at that price it was a no brainer!

Back