• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

alternate power supply cable for QNIX qx2710

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

I received my Korean 1440p monitor today, but it came without a power cable/converter :bang head

I've emailed the seller asking for a replacement (or probably just to mail me the one they forgot to include...), but until then...

The back of the monitor says 12V DC / 5A.

I have another cable with an in-line converter from some other device (no idea what device). It's output is 12V 3.0A.

Will I damage the monitor using this 3A cable instead of the 5A it "asks" for?

Thanks

I would meet or exceed the amperage spec of the monitor with the adapter.

12V @ 3A is 36W, where 5A puts you at 60W.
Not a small jump.

So the back of the monitor shows 45W. I'm assuming that's the required input. Any chance that could include the 5w+5w speakers? If so, 44-10 = 35 which is less than 12V @ 3A :D I know, I'm reaching.

I wouldn't push that close to the limit, honestly.

Even if you're not using the speakers there's a good chance they're still powered up.

I saw those. How are they any different from the 5A one I linked above? Seems like they're just charging more because they have qx2710 in the title?

It's hard to say if there is a difference. I can't find dimensions for the power Jack for the qnix, and have in my quick googling found people who got 12v5a bricks with figure 8 power plugs as well as 24v3a bricks that use standard computer power plugs so these things came with a wide range of power bricks. I just know I personally wouldn't try saving 15$ and risk a multi hundred dollar monitor.

Yea, I like how they intentionally blur out the important specs on the "qnix power adapter".

I didn't find much googling either.

The seller finally got back to me. Honest mistake, forgot the adapter. He's priority mailing it, so no big deal. I guess I can wait 2-3 more days :)

That'd certainly be wide :)

I'm pretty curious if I'll be able to notice the difference in refresh speed. My gut says no. I've been at 60 so long, though, who knows.

I'd be shocked if you couldn't see a difference. I probably couldn't tell the difference between 100 and 120, but 60 to 120 is a massive jump that makes everything look better, even just scrolling through a web page.

Got the power cable. All is well. Overclocks to 96, 110, and 120 in game with no graphical issues. I don't really notice the difference between those three, however, so I just went with 96.

The power cable for anyone interested is 12V 5A.

Thanks for posting this information. Do you know the size of the barrel connector? I tried 5.5x2.5, 5.5x2.1, and 4.0x1.7 and none fit. 5.5s the outer diameter was too big. 4.0 the inner diameter was too small.

Unfortunately, I no longer own this monitor. I recall there being a big thread on it over at overclock.net, however, and there may still be active owners there.

Back