• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A somewhat stupid MOBO question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElimGarak

Registered
AM6G.jpg

An ASUS Maximus 7 Gene motherboard

My question is this: will having a second dual-slot video card in the second PCIe-3.0 slot cover up the USB and other headers on the right-hand side of the board? I don't think it will, but I have a sudden, irrational fear.

Please tell me that I am silly for thinking such nonsense...

If the video card is ~10" long, yes those will be covered.

But if things are plugged in before the video card then it shouldn't interfere.

I should have been more exact: the headers on the side of the PCIe slot...but perhaps your answer is still applicable. I'm not worried about the length of my card, just the width.

Thanks for answering so quickly...

As long as it's a dual-slot card (most cards) it should be fine. If it's a triple slot, which as far as I know only the Devil 13's are, then you might have problems.

As long as it's a dual-slot card (most cards) it should be fine. If it's a triple slot, which as far as I know only the Devil 13's are, then you might have problems.

The only triple-slot card that I know of is the Titan Z, and mine are definitely NOT those...

Back