• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A case for µATX + 280mm Rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cubusmedusa

Registered
Hi,
As posted in the mobo section I would like to shrink my rig but maintain a good 24/7 OC. Ideally I would have gone for mini ITX but the only real option (the asus p8z77-I deluxe) has this awkward power-phase plate which makes it impossible to put my 280mm rad above it. As far as I saw the really small cases made for mini ITX wont take my 280mm rad and my PSU AND my graphics card anyway.
So I thought going for cases that take µATX boards, also to have more choice regarding the board. I have the corsair air 240 in mind but would be glad if somebody knows an even smaller alternative where I can fit my components in. (especially the 280mm rad of my H110 and the graphics card).
I would like to go for the smallest possible case.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
Hi,
Since the Asus P8Z77-I is the only real option the mITX is not gonna work with neither rad/fan assembly due to the additional PCB on the mobo.
But apart from that, my Graphics card is a triple slot one, so all the real mITX cases are not gonna work. And my PSU is not modular. So cable management would be another nightmare.
Many reasons why I already skiped this form factor.
The Fractal Design would be an option...

Hmm, maybe I'm not reading something right. Why is the asus p8z77-I deluxe the only real option?

CaseLabs has some great options for Small water cooling cases, though you'll pay more for them. The Mercury S3 is an mITX and the S5 is mATX/mItx. Just keep in mind, even the mITX case is as big as many other mATX cases.

Because I wanted to have a board thats "well endowed" in the power phase section. :)
And the ASUS is by far the only one I was confronted with. afaik

Yea I prefer the cubes or cubish cases. But if I look at size and price together.... :-(
Hmmm, tough decision. So many cases out there; I am lost

Last edited by a moderator:
Back