• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this normal or expected?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I'm folding using a Core i7-920, GTX 660Ti and GTX 770. I set the CPU to fold with 6 cores. I'm getting less than 100k ppd. Is that right?

If you're referencing <100k/day on both GPU + CPU, yes, that sounds about right. I'd get about 70-80K/day on a 3770k utilizing 6 cores + 660Ti, running 24/7, OC 4.1 and 0 respectively. I read a comment here that OC'ng a GPU for folding didn't pan out too well, i.e., more errors.

Thank you for the reply. What concerns me is that I'm running both a 660Ti *AND* a 770. I just cut back my CPU to 3 cores to see what happens since its only a 4 core CPU with HT. When I looked at the predicted ppd, it was ~63k and that's running full speed all day long while I was at work.

63k seems low for a 660Ti and 770. Maybe I'm just nuts in the head. :screwy:

What video drivers? You still need 327.23 on most Keplers to avoid the bug that's in the 33x and 34x drivers. At some point PG should move the latest version of core 17, which contains a workaround for that bug, out of beta, but I have no idea when that will happen.

What video drivers? You still need 327.23 on most Keplers to avoid the bug that's in the 33x and 34x drivers. At some point PG should move the latest version of core 17, which contains a workaround for that bug, out of beta, but I have no idea when that will happen.

OK. I uninstalled my 340.52 or what ever was the newest at the time of this writting. I then installed 327.23. we'll see what happens. Unfortunately, two of my WU's got nuked in the process. I'll be fine with that if I can crunch more WU's over time. Thanks.

That worked awesome. It about doubled my ppd to around 120k.

Back