• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Question about throttling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh and by the way, if anyone knows of a good OC guide for my card I would be grateful :)

Poor choice of words. Should have said strange. Makes sense though. Why wouldn't you want the card controlling the pump? I'm assuming the mobo is only using temp readings off the cpu...

The cards fan header is designed for a small fan, but the mobo headers are designed for bigger things (or so I think). Neither the fan nor the pump make any noticeable sound so it does not matter if they run on 100%. The mobo fan headers are all running on 100% by the way, except for the CPU header which varies depending on CPU temp.

Finished running some benchmarks!

In U Heaven I raised my FPS as following:

Stock -> OC
Average : 51,3 -> 63,5
Minimum : 8,3 -> 26,3
Maximum: 107,6 ->133,2
Score : 1292 ->1600

In 3Dmark I increased my score from 8335 to 9777. (http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4382631?)

Here are my Firestorm settings:

Firestorm.jpg

The frequencies are stable trough the entire test.

It seems stable. No artifacts etc, and the hottest part of the PCB I measured was ~59C. The heatsinks seems to be doing their job! :D

I think its possible to push the memory further, but I'm not sure how much I would gain by it. The core frequency is pretty much at its limit.

Feedback is welcome!

Back