• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd video card request. Strict size and config requirements.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gsrcrxsi

Hello All.

I'm looking to maybe upgrade the video card in my HTPC/Gaming rig. However, I have some pretty strict size and config requirements. I am not so much concerned with Brand loyalty. Historically, I've had nVidia, but my most recent card is a AMD, so I'm really not too picky.

MUST BE:

-As good, or better, in terms of gaming/graphics performance than an AMD R9 270X
-PCB No longer than 9.9", no taller than 4.4"
-Be able to be water cooled with a Full Cover block (No universal fitments)
-full cover block cannot be taller than the card's PCB
-power connections MUST face forward, or perpendicular to the card, NOT UP

the reason for most of these requirements is space. My case is the Antec Fusion Remote HTPC case, and it's pretty narrow and the lid wont close with anything above 4.5" or so. so power cables or water cooling hoses above the card wont work. I'd like to have a fully enclosed system. I've found some cards that fit some of these criteria, but not all. the hardest thing to find so far seems to be having the power connections in the proper orientation.

does a card fitting all of these criteria exist?

Although it would void your warranty, if you cannot find anything with the power connectors facing the way you want, you could always take the card to a electronic repair shop and have them replace the power connectors with some with the proper orientation.

Back