• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI R9 280x VS. MSI GTX 770

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snekfrek

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new graphics card for my gaming pc, I can't decide between the MSI R9 280X gamimg 3G and the MSI GeForce GTX 770 gaming 2GB.
They're both perfect for my budget, the R9 is even a bit cheaper but that doesn't really matter for me. They both have good specs, but I can't choose wich one is better. Can anyone help me decide? I wan't to use it for battlefield, call of duty, and all the other upcomming games.

Sorry if my english is bad.
Thanks for reading!

Having owned both, they are within 5% of one another (trading blows in different games). You will not notice the difference between the two. If it were me, I would go with whichever you can get cheaper. If they're the same price, go with the 3GB of vram and 380-bit bus.

Having owned both, they are within 5% of one another (trading blows in different games). You will not notice the difference between the two. If it were me, I would go with whichever you can get cheaper. If they're the same price, go with the 3GB of vram and 380-bit bus.

Thanks alot! Always nice to hear it from people with experience

No problem.

In case you wanted some numbers, in BF4 @ 1080P, Ultra preset (FOV: 80), I get ~70 average FPS with the 280X (and a 4th gen i5/i7)

I had the 770 about 6 months ago, but IIRC, it was 5 FPS more, max in that game. And that was 6 months ago, before Mantle and other driver updates.

Back