• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990fx, able to POST but crashes!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does it shut down in the bios? If it's just happening in windows, may be time for a reinstall...

I'll find out when the new mobo comes, still would like to figure out why it's crashing exactly

When new mobo comes...

...you certainly should find the problem. If changing the motherbaord stops the crashes > It was the motherboard. There is one thing that is always on my mind and that is repeated crashes can bork the operating system and even when hardware is fixed, there are still lingering issues caused by the operating system suffering so many crashes.
RGone...

I'll find out when the new mobo comes, still would like to figure out why it's crashing exactly

Well I am back up and running with the new motherboard installed, but now that I know the mobo is the cause I need to figure out what exactly went wrong with it so I can at least salvage it. I didn't have any problems getting back into Windows, I have 8.1 and it just reloaded my devices and that was it, it's on an SSD if that makes a difference. I have a feeling something went wrong with the CPU 12v connector on the mobo, perhaps that failed.

Sabertooth has a 3 year warranty. I'd be barking up ASUS's tree.

Question -> were you running more than one hard drive?

Sabertooth has a 3 year warranty. I'd be barking up ASUS's tree.
Question -> were you running more than one hard drive?

It was a refurbished and open box motherboard from newegg idk if it qualifies, got it last year too :/

Yea 2 hdd's but I ran it with only the board, ram, cpu and it still shut down.

Did it come with the warranty certificate? Should still apply if it was "factory certified"

It was a refurbished and open box motherboard from newegg idk if it qualifies, got it last year too :/

The warranty on that board is 5 years and shouldn't matter if recertified or open box. Just apply at ASUS with the serial number and see what they say. Before you send it in take some good clear pictures of all parts of the board. ASUS has had a bit of a reputation lately for denying RMA because of "customer damage"

Back