• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED 20 Gallons of Horse Laxative 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can tell you from having aquariums for 20 years, that yes, your PC will heat up the oil substantially. Every "properly done" mineral oil PC I've seen was using a very large radiator to cool the oil, and several circulation pumps.

Also IIRC there is a fluorene based totally non conductive liquid you can use for this and get better results but it costs more than a Nicaraguan's annual salary and you're toast if you ingest it.

There's also something called Novec that you could use to cool down your electronics and in would work even better than mineral oil. It's safe enough to drink (although they advise you not to drink novec). The problem is it will evaporate very quickly like rubbing alcohol, and it cost roughly $300 a gallon.

I'm don't believe your experience in fish aquariums relates well with submerged horse laxative pc builds.

Every "properly done" mineral oil PC I've seen has used less than 20 gallons of mineral oil.

If you know of anyone who has submerged a computer in 20 gallons of mineral oil or more, please post links, pictures, and overclocking results.

@manu2b
Yes, sir you are correct. This certainly isn't the cheapest way to overclock your computer.

However with that said, You still will not overheat the oil with a large 20 gallon tank.

I suggest you something:
Run Heaven benchmark in loop overnight, and check your oil temp the morning.you'll be surprised.

20 gallons is not that much actually, and 250 will heat it up faster than you think.

Heat is heat.

One thing I would look at carefully is the heatsink fans. With the viscosity of the oil, they might die sooner than later.

Back