• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rookie Rumble Help Thread. -Post here to get help improving your scores!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Boot into windows the use the asrock program to bump it up, run superpi, take the screenshot the lower the clocks back down. It is common practice, running superpi is less load than booting and loading windows.

That's great!! I kinda felt like I was cheating if I tried it that way. Working on it now.

Well guys I think I'm going to stop focusing on the RR#9 for now and just be happy I even got as close as I did :0

Instaed now I will concentrate on cooling my cpu with my very first water-cooling system. I already have a radiator and cpu block on the way. I can just see my pentium smoking now all because I wanted that one last mhz squeezed out of my air-cooled setup. I think I did damn good anyway. I will be in other parts of the forum now until I actually become part of the overclocker.com benching team.

I also have a 4690k on the way so the g3258 will go back in the asr h81m-hds if I can unbent a few pins lol

I thank you all for the help and I do feel I've benefited alot from it.

Long winding post, my apologies.

If you feel you want to help more don't hesitate with a pm, but iv'e taken enough space in this thread :)

Again thanks for the help it has been very useful, I just don't see me getting any further in the comp until I can get my temps under control even though my speeds have increased.

Good job. Study up on water cooling, then you can see what else that CPU has.

Devlos guess your still going of it nice jump in rank :) looks like you got a decent 4690k there is that the right temp 73c in XTU and what are you cooling it with because I'am starting to get Jelly :D

Yes Thanks!! I have been trying despite that I thought I was done. I am very happy with this new cpu. I am able to oc higher with it than the G3258. I use coolermaster 212 evo about 3" from the wall a/c and a/c at coldest settings, then a 24" high air flow floor fan on the other side kind of like push/pull but with the whole case, without panels, between the a/c and fan :) Also with the new 4690k I am able to oc the RAM. Best I can do ATM 1 day and 11 hours to go.

Side note I unbent the pins on the h81m-hds so now I can still use both cpus.

good work devlos. You made some nice improvements since you started. Good results for air cooling!

hi there,as you can see I'm new here and this is my first Post.
and I'm new to overclock either. by the way,im on my way to Rumble,with my 1st setup i got the 7th rank on XTU bench,and now i want to improve it,how and what should i do?
my rig:
cpu: Intel Core i7 4770K
Main: Z87 Maximus Vi Hero
Ram: Gskill Ares 2133 2*4 GB
VGA: Asus GTX 770 2GB

Thanks, on 4.9 its stable,and i can run at a good temp

So did you run XTU at 4.9 then? XTU responds best to core speed so the faster the better. Increase the Cache speed and tight/ fast ram. XTU uses P95 so it's a hard bench for most of the haswells

So did you run XTU at 4.9 then? XTU responds best to core speed so the faster the better. Increase the Cache speed and tight/ fast ram. XTU uses P95 so it's a hard bench for most of the haswells
thanks
yeap,i ran it on 4.9, but at first it said it is 4.8 then 5! i think there was a bug!
im trying on RAM,and how could i increase cache speed?

It would help to know what parts you have since different manufacturers name things a bit different. If your speed is jumping around then it's likely you have Turbo active, first thing you'd want to do is disable turbo, EIST, C state options and set you windows to high performance. The cache could be called the ring in your bios in CPU-z it shows on the memory tab as NB speed. This is the internal bus that interconnects the mem controller to the core and memory and your different levels of cache.

It would help to know what parts you have since different manufacturers name things a bit different. If your speed is jumping around then it's likely you have Turbo active, first thing you'd want to do is disable turbo, EIST, C state options and set you windows to high performance. The cache could be called the ring in your bios in CPU-z it shows on the memory tab as NB speed. This is the internal bus that interconnects the mem controller to the core and memory and your different levels of cache.
thanks for your great help buddy, now im on the 3rd place ;)
actually it can go further if i had a better config

hi again,after a long time
this is my RIG
CPU : Intel 4770K @ 3.9 GHz
M.B : ASUS Rog Maximus Vi Hero
Ram : Gskill Ares 2*4 GB 2133
VGA : ASUS nVidia GTX 770 2GB
HDD : WD Black 2TB
SSD : OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Case : Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced
Power : Green 1030 B
Cooler : Corsair H100i
how much can i go for the cash speed?
and how much does it has effect on XTU benches or Maxmemm?
now im running my Rams on 2600Mhz and timing of 11-13-13-35 1T
and another question, does it affect to use Win 8? any improvement on scoring?

Ram and blk make a difference. If you can raise either then do. Put a fan on your ram.

If you're wanting to raise your XTU score then get your CPU cranked up

Back