• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to the Benching Team? Introduce yourself here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A Newcastle hitting 3.0 is good, esp if it's a 754 chip.
That one would be competitive in it's class, I'd set it up and see what it's really capable of. Both of my 3400+ Newcastle 754's can hit at least 2.9 on chilled water in the right board - My problem ATM are my boards.
My NF3 250 board also has some quirky behaviour, refuses to save settings most of the time and is a real PITA with SATA drives. :-/

My FX55 clawhammer could make 2.6GHz stock, 2.7GHz good air, 2.8GHz good water, 2.95-3.0GHz ss. Probably the worst overclocking 939 chip I had.
On DFI you can cheat a bit changing temp range so cold bug is ~10*C lower. It's still not always working. Most my 939 had CB at about -10*C. Lowest I remember was -20*C.

On DFI you can cheat a bit changing temp range so cold bug is ~10*C lower. It's still not always working. Most my 939 had CB at about -10*C. Lowest I remember was -20*C.
That's about where all mine are too. It's the normal average. :)

Still need to swap my team over, but these aren't doing too terribly bad lol

hwbot.png

Crimson dawn needs a OC

HI Karl ere, I'm a Brit,
I've just completed a skylake build and benchmarking has become a thing for me, I know the basics and stuff, but when it come to messing with voltage's and getting a really good whole system oc stable I'm lost, Can anyone please help?/
Specs
Rig name- Crimson Dawn
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE
Mobo Asrock Z170 gaming k6
CPU i5 6600k
Gpu's ASUS GTX970 STRIX x2 SLI
Ram G-Skills Trident Z DDR4 @ 3000 mhz
SSD 120gb Samsung 750 evo
PSU EVGA HEX750W FULLY MODULAR
Cooling Corsair H110i GTX v2
Fans x6 140mm Thermal Take RGB Riing.

My Best UNIGINE Valley benchmark result in Extreme HD 1080p all maxed out is (5057).
Would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Welcome Essential1one,
If you're looking to join the team here's a thread telling you how http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/643867-How-to-become-a-Benching-Team-Member
If you're looking for help overclocking , we'll need more specific questions and you'll get more help via the corresponding thread. Like Intel CPU for the i5 and nvidia for the card etc... We can help too but it would be better if you started a thread in the general benchmarking are

:welcome: Essential1one

You will find plenty of people here willing to help. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Hello! My name is Mark.
Not a newbie to benching but im pretty new!
Ive competed in the 10th Novice nimble with Lochekey and it was really fun!
I will be competing in the 12th Novice nimble too!

I knew you were still shy just thought I would jog your memory. It's all up to you

Hello folks,

Dropped by to say hi.
Some of you might know me from my old Team and old account :)
Fasttrack = George.Kokovinis
I was with W9, before joining here.

Lots of fine gentlemen around.
I do not know if I comply to join the benching Team, but would sure love to.

See you at the "races" all. That is where most of the fun is :)

Hey Fasttrack,

You can find the team requirements here.

I'm sure you probably have met the requirements for submissions and points, you just need to obtain the 50 "quality posts" here on the forum to be eligible.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or need some help navigating the forums.

I suggest you subscribe to the benchmarking team sub-forum here to keep up with the going on of the team.

Hello folks,

Dropped by to say hi.
Some of you might know me from my old Team and old account :)
Fasttrack = George.Kokovinis
I was with W9, before joining here.

Lots of fine gentlemen around.
I do not know if I comply to join the benching Team, but would sure love to.

See you at the "races" all. That is where most of the fun is :)

Lochekey is right as far as bench points you're sqare but a ways off on posts. We encourage the benchteam members to participate and help others with their knowledge

Welcome to the crazyhouse George!!! :welcome:

Been watching you pick up crazy boints lately and was wondering if it was you!

We've got some real cool folks around here....you'll fit right in :)

Again...welcome to OCF!
-Stefan

You haven't been doing to shabby yourself there Stefan :thup:

Welcome to the crazyhouse George!!! :welcome:

Been watching you pick up crazy boints lately and was wondering if it was you!

We've got some real cool folks around here....you'll fit right in :)

Again...welcome to OCF!
-Stefan

Hey Stef,

Uncharted waters, but all guys are so kind that will find my way pretty soon.
I am currently restricted by DICE.
First possibility to put my hands on LN2 will be - hopefully - by March. A local station is opening up, with pretty rational pricing and Dewar's renting.
Prices are up high to the moon in our poor country and pretty prohibitive up to now ( 300-400$ for 10 hours of benching ).

I hope I will do a lot better in the near future.
YOU are doing great though !!!
This team certainly deserves to go higher.

All the best to you and ALL.

George :)

- - - Updated - - -

Lochekey is right as far as bench points you're sqare but a ways off on posts. We encourage the benchteam members to participate and help others with their knowledge

I always play by the book :)
Will do as instructed.

Thank you Shawn.

Back