• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to the Benching Team? Introduce yourself here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah...I've heard horrible stories about European ln2 prices...that stinks :/ Hopefully the new place opening will make things much more affordable.

You're banging out huge points on your dice, though dude! Almost 1K in a month is just amazing :drool: :clap:

Hey all i hope to get posting soon been awhile lots of reading to do . New set up ordered my cascade has gone :(:comp: think it was forum wars last competition i was in .. off to Tenerife next tuesday so wont be able to bench much if at all till after . And as i type this an email my pump and rad out of stock sigh . They sending other partsout tho still take care all smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast :attn::clap:

Hiya spiritedandy!

Cascade gone? :( Been there, had that....stinks. Have you tried reaching out to an EU builder for help?

Have an excellent vacation! With any luck all your parts will arrive by the time you get back and you can get it together!

FADBD83D-1A10-4C7E-84C1-94B6EBC60D8C.JPG Hi funsoul johan cascade was given away to a scrap dealer via my now soon to be ex wife so its still a soar subject . It was very good -130 . For now will stick to water cooling im just getting back on my feet . Parts came less water cooling as some out of stock . I thought as i got boxed i got fan really didnt think and i didnt . Should have got ome cheaper sigh. Im out of practice .
So ive got
Corsair Carbide 600c will fit 360 rad nice
Asus Tuf X299 Mark 1
7800x cpu
Very impressed with case im trying to be neater looking at my posts i was not lol
Johan excited to bench again for team i must have something to give even if im not up to what i had . Looked at link you gave dont get the cpu (3) or (2) in brakets

Last edited:
I haven't seen you for a while so it's nice to see you back :thup:
I don't think anyone will bench 7800x anytime soon and it's new chip so you can cover all benchmarks for the team :)
I have TUF Mark 2 which is pretty good for the price. It's about the same as Mark 1 or at least PCB and power section are the same. There are a lot of options in BIOS so you will have a lot of fun with that ;)

Woomack hi nice to be back nice you still here ..
ive got lot of reading up on things ahead of me i think and working bios out .. i might be able to get up and running weekend ive got a old corsair water cooler just trying to dig out brackets to fit after i finish typing this

Hello team! Im kinda new so im here. My pc has a nice little overclock but my cpu is a phenom II x4 960t. Am i valuable to the overclocking crew? I can post specs if i am. Right now i have a nice 4.2Ghz overclock on air. Still kind of confused on how to post all the benchmarks i have completed. I got a 421 in cinebench and i plan to keep pushing til i catch that hyperthreaded i7 thats been above me since i put the first OC. Im ranting though. XD Help me help the team if possible. I think im in a rare spot being on air and going over 4ghz on this cpu. Still ranting... Later yall.

I think i killed my mobo guys (Asus 970 pro gaming/aura) �� it locks at asus logo and the boot device led is LIT! and my phenom is showing as amd unknown on another board (msi nf750-G55 secondhand craiglist) but i dont think this board has updated bios. Its too late for me to worry about it but any posts to help ill check after work today. Thanks in advance.

Try clearing the CMOS. Remove the battery and power from the PSU and place the CMOS jumper to clear and leave it there. Hit the power button a few times and this will fully clear the CMOS. Reassemble and try again. You may have simply killed the OS. You might need to re-install windows if so. It's far more common to kill the OS than the hardware but it is certainly possible.

I'm actually really surprised no one has replied to your first post. Normally there is a pretty decent welcoming committee. Ppl must just be busy this weekend.

Try clearing the CMOS. Remove the battery and power from the PSU and place the CMOS jumper to clear and leave it there. Hit the power button a few times and this will fully clear the CMOS. Reassemble and try again. You may have simply killed the OS. You might need to re-install windows if so. It's far more common to kill the OS than the hardware but it is certainly possible.

I'm actually really surprised no one has replied to your first post. Normally there is a pretty decent welcoming committee. Ppl must just be busy this weekend.

Yeah Ive gone through the ringer with it and cant get the CMOS to clear. Done all that multiple times and tried using the slow mode jumpers as well and still nothing. The bios logo pops up with legend at bottom and freezes immediately. The boot device light on the mobo is staying light after the normal sequence. I think I've tried without a HDD and still got the same issue but its been a week and ive been over it so many times im not even sure anymore. I got a 2 year warranty when i got it about a month ago so i might just return and use as a discount toward a Ryzen build or spend like 30 bucks and get an FX-83** with it. :facepalm: Its been a long week.

Introducing myself...

Hi All,

I just signed up for the team at hwbot. My name is Rocky and I really like the people on this forum because I'm self-taught but they've been helping me so much and asking nothing in return. I really look forward to the days when I'm good enough to be using subambient temps, but that's a long ways away. I'm a little older than I ever thought I'd be (37) I run 4 companies, and am very fortunate that I can give back to my community. However, as far as giving back to myself, these days the only thing that really gives me a thrill is buying computer parts and building/learning about computers, so I guess that's good for overclocking. If you need GPU's or Xeons or really anything, feel free to talk to me.

I hope I can help support the team as I get to know you and how things work. I said it on another thread, but I'm going to ask a lot of noob questions, and your help is greatly appreciated. Ultimately, I'm doing so in an effort to get to a level where I can give back something of value to everyone, but first I gotta learn.

Oh, this is my current pc build, and I was going to use hard tubing to liquid cool this thing with EK parts, but EarthDog talked me out of it because I like swapping parts out as new ones are released, so I guess I might go with soft tubing?? I'm not sure what the right solution is. I really want to water cool this puppy. I have quite a few other builds that are just mobo's on top of boxes with all their components installed, but I'll start with this one, my actual day to day pc, besides my macbook pro... https://pcpartpicker.com/user/FlahRZ/saved/cFb3FT

Best regards,

Rocky

PS my name on hwbot is just FlashZ, no R...

Welcome aboard Rocky, if you really are interested in benching follow the lin in my Sig if you want to earn the bench team banner. It's not all that hard you just need to show some motivation. What are you using the TR for? I didn't realize you had to sell a child to get one of those TitanV that's a big chunk of change

Haha, well not to brag, but I have 7 Titan V's, but don't worry, I got a good deal - only paid three children for em ;P Seriously though, I'm selling most of em off on Amazon and eBay. This is just my everyday computer, I like to game sometimes, and I'm learning to code.

I will definitely clock on your sig after this. By the way, Linus water cooled a titan v with a top of the line i9 and after proper overclocking scored 3rd in the world in I forget what benchmark, but I can look it up. One thing he did was de-lid the i9 and placed a little liquid metal in the middle then closed it up again. This was a new concept to me. Seems highly dangerous, but I'm buying the de-lidding tool, just in case I gain the confidence to try to compete with that. I'll read your sig link about overclocking Ryzen CPU's as well...

Yeah the TR CPU is soldered on so a de-lid tool won't help. Unless you plan on migrating to an I9 at some point

Thanks, I just figured it may come in handy one day, but I don’t think there’s any point in going after him using the Titan v and an i9 because he and like 4 of his computer whiz friends already took that i9 build as far as it’ll go. I gotta figure out how to overclocking a threadripper in a way that can compete, if possible. I haven’t had a moment to read your sig post about oc’ing ryzen cpu’s- does it include threadripper?

Nope, nothing on TR but they're very similar. We have a guy here Woomack who just got one and is in the middle of testing so he'd likely be more help than some. Any questions just post in the CPU section, someone will help out if they can.

Welcome Flash, feel free to PM me if you need some directions on navigating Hwbot or their submissions system it can be a little daunting at first.

Last edited:
I think I get it but just to be sure, what’s it mean to proof someone? I could DEFINITELY use your help navigating and understanding hwbot scoring. I scored something like #147 on timespy in 3dmark (top 1%) and wanted to post but didn’t know if it’s good enough for us. Thanks for your help. Feel free to pm me if you like.

Back