• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My 5820K is pretty average. I can compare it to the average, early 4770K so I'm not sure if running it on cold has any point as I just won't beat results on 4930K or it will be barely better. Anyway I'm not planning to run it on cold till I get 4790+mobo from RMA.

Freeze dat beach FTW

Oh I will... it just doesn't seem like the thing to do on the MSI Gaming 9 AC board. Though I am sure it can handle it, I have a feeling there will be a beast on the way... that said... I may not be able to wait. I can hear my empty dewar asking for a refill.

Crucial is working fine I think -> 32GB 2133 CL15-15-15 @ 3144 17-17-17 http://valid.canardpc.com/wz5twm ... these are the cheapest available sticks, no heatsinks etc. I think it's not that bad and I bet it would run higher but next memory ratio is for 3333 and at 167 strap is 3100 or jump above 3300 what is too high ( or I just haven't figured out how to make it run higher ).

Last edited:
Nice work with those stix :)

just picked this up on the cheap

Attachments

• 470.JPG
    470.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 357
I made these Crucials 2133 c15 to run @2800 12-13-13 1.50V , passed HyperPi 32M and max boot at this clock 12-12-12 1.5V on all 32GB -> http://valid.canardpc.com/3cpcg1 I doubt I will stabilize it like that at reasonable voltages. Anyway so far it looks better than the Corsair 2666 kit. Will add some more results tomorrow.

Here's what I just ordered!!! Full custom(ish) water cooling loop and faster RAM for benchmarking/gaming. Lol.

Upgrade.png WC.png

The GPU waterblocks are not actually backordered. I redid a shopping cart to show you guys what I got.

I dont see the point in 2666 ram outside of killing your wallet (or benchmarking)... 2133 would be fine. ;)

Of course you can, but that wasn't the point. You can save a bit of coin is all... if it isn't for benching, i would save the $15... ($75 vs 89).

I thought it was his build thread... LOL!

I wonder why the other one got closed???????

OH well. :)

It was my doing... :chair:
I thought a thread for new stuff, old stuff that is interesting and being benched as well. Basically the same, but a little broader topic.

Edit: why is my text green all of a sudden?

Last edited:
I was looking at the Trident 2400 CL9 RAM but the reviews say they don't OC very well. I don't mind paying for good quality, fast RAM.

If you want benchmarking RAM then better get these TridentX. Team 2666 will make high clocks but offer low performance in benchmarks. Team Group 2666 2x8GB will give you good performance, 2x4GB kit is single sided. About the same story with every 2x4GB kit right now. I would even look at Classifieds as some forum members are selling older but better benching kits than you can buy in stores right now. Like Witchdoctor was selling great 2x4GB 2400C9 TridentX which noone wanted for some time.
I don't know what about new 2400 CL9 or 2600 CL10 TridentX kits but 2400 CL10 based on 4GB sticks are now single sided the same as all Hynix based kits ( including that Team Group 2666 kit ).

Finally got some time to play with the x99.

Capture523.jpg

Capture522.jpg

Capture520.jpg

Back