• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New BIOS and driver are looking good.

Capture534.jpg

Capture537.jpg

Last edited:
I just got 2x4GB TridentX 2400 CL10-12-12 from RMA. Memory manufactured in June 2014 and it's on double sided modules. It has to be something new as I haven't seen any Samsungs in lower density for a long time. I thought it will go on auction but I will test it before I decide what to do with this kit :)
Also serial number for all TridentX in this year was 2500 while this memory is 1500. I'm still waiting for 4790K but maybe I will check it on Pentium.

I was wondering this as well... I think that just needs speed more than cores, but, I haven't tested it myself thoroughly. Last night I cranked on the 5820K a bit to 4.652GHZ 6c/6t and ran heaven and scored way less (~200 points) than my 4.9GHz 4790K...

Heaven is using 2 threads. Or maybe 1 thread + system stuff but it's not really scalling above 2. At least it looks like that while using 1 gfx card. It still uses fast cache in Haswells so results are higher than on IB/IB-E.
One more thing is that when you set too high CPU clock then benchmark is sometimes giving lower results as there is still something like negative FPS bug before some scenes.

Last edited:
No doubt, great run for sure

wish I could blow up the pic to see your tabs, new rev won't let me right click them to expand ?

Right click... new tab/new window... whatev.

Not sure why the pics are not giving us the option to expand them....

Thanks for the link,

Nice clocks on the single stage, have you had a chance to see if it the CPU is scaling with cold ?

This is really weird but TridentX 2400 CL10 that I got today is not working at all at 2400 on ASUS M7G. It's not even booting with XMP1 or XMP2. Board is restarting in loop. Manual settings are also not working. The same board is running with other kits up to 3200+.
I just runned Gigabyte Z97X SOC that I got from RMA 2 or 3 days ago and it's at least booting with XMP profiles. Will try some more later.

I wonder if its secondary timings are too tight...I had that same thing happen with me which made me loosen up a couple of secondary timings to get my kit to work (MSI Z97 Xpower and my 2666 Hyper X Predator sticks).

I haven't seen anything unusual in subs. At least secondary look the same as in older kits.
I was also trying HyperX 2666 on this board and it's running at XMP1/2 without problems. Before this TridentX I had other 2400 CL10 kit but one of the sticks didn't want to work so I made RMA.

Edit:
On Gigabyte it can't even pass HyperPi @2400 on XMP1 or XMP2. It's freezing in both cases.

Last edited:
I already got replacement for that TridentX 2400 C10. The same product number but manufactured month later and in serial number is xxxx2500 instead of xxxx1500. Will check how it's working when I back from work.

Witchy, if you right click on the image, you should get options to open it in a new tab/window. That will do it.

Cliff's Notes: Same clocks, just lower voltage

Back