• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got this thing in a hurry when my 290x died (rip..)
I paid $45 and a steam controller for it and I think thats pretty good.

mSo5j9p.jpg
M96qzAw.jpg

Go my work cut out for me.
14454cat720670.JPG
14814cat720670.JPG

... I see all these results and I'm starting to think about new card for benching ( not really new and the most expensive ) ... not good

You must resist the call of the card Woomack. Ha, you know you'll break

I'll just post this here....
The cooling is H100 AIO still, same 4690k that I've had for the last couple months that was super hot. Now I just ram xtu and high temp was 55c...... I am a very happy camper/bencher. Even with these temps I have already found the chips limit anyway, so unless I can add some cold... But these temps are great anyway.

Delidded lapped and kryonaut everywhere.
wooooow.PNG
hooo.PNG

So what changed to get the temps lower?

Originally when I had really bad temps it was because the paste under the IHS was dried out, I changed that and it made much better but still not great. Then I lapped it and used hydronaut paste and that was amazing but I think it started to dry under IHS also, temps were getting worse everyday even when ambient was getting cooler, finally I had 90C+ again in xtu with 4.6 - 4.7GHz. Tonight I used kryonaut under IHS and under AIO... PLUS its like 62-63F ambient tonite which resulted in the temps from above.
I think when it warms back up it will still get decent temp under a nice oc. Hopefully this kryonaut stays just how it is now, for a while at least.

:thup:
Now that I've been gaming for an hour (@ 4.8GHz) I will run xtu again and see what temps are after everything has warmed up properly.

Ok.... all looks good, still pretty dern low.

xtunice.PNG

This is the same run as above but I notice that it says 4.9GHz but it was ran at 4.8.. If you look closer i have the mouse over the only spot that it was at 4.9 and I have no idea why it is like that. Ive had 2 other runs where it did something like this. One showed 11+GHz and another that showed 5.2GHz. I took screenshots but they were on a hard drive that had to be reformatted and I didn't bother retrieving the files of f it first.
Either way below is the same run as above and they both say 4.9 but was still 4.8.
xru91.PNG

Last edited:
Ram and fat gpu pots. Just refilled the dewar and we're snowed in so hoping to play with at least one of these this weekend.
ram-gpu-pots.jpg

First 'victim' for the ram pot will be a pair of psc sticks that I won't cry about if I kill them (am searching for cold ram guides atm). First vga card will be an hd4890. Will likely try both on my z97 setup first and, if the ram testing/trial goes well, will then use a nice pair of pis and shoot for 6-10-6 (which seems to be where others run these things cold). Trying to figure out the quickest way to get the ram fully dialed in while cold so I don't waste too much time. So far, can't seem to find much on-line. :/

funsoul you don't now how bad I wanting to pull the trigger on that ram pot and fat boy but I was going to buy the cpu pot to dam you :) any way yeah you should see what your ram could do now can't wait good luck

Finally dug it all out and hope to get to it soon. I seem to be missing a few things but I think I have enough to keep me occupied for a little while

Attachments

• 1455067165795.jpg
    1455067165795.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 156
Back