• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1942MB RAM ... limited to this value or it's not recognizing all RAM ? I had something weird at higher clocks and tight timings. Memory could pass every benchmark, memtest etc but instead of 32GB I saw 24GB.

You can probably set something like 2666-2800 13-13-14 or 12-12-14 and maybe 3000 13-13-14/14-14-15/13-14-14 ~1.5V
Do you have Hynix IC there or something else ?

Best is to compare performance in AIDA64 and SuperPi/HyperPi 32M. Not always higher clock and tighter timings are giving better results.

They are Hynix IC's , not sure why it is not seeing all the memory, but saw this happening over at XS as well

No double sided 16GB kits availible.

did not spend a lot of time on it, but will be checking it out over the next few days.

can only run stock clocks as the the old air cooler I found has no mounting hardware so it is basically laying on the CPU ... lol

but cool enough for some memory testing :)

Don't have AIDA64

typically just run the typical bot benches and compare efficiency

Because of IC density there won't be double sided 4GB modules but I was comparing performance and double sided are about as fast as single sided so it's not an issue. 16GB kit is more than enough for benching and it's much cheaper than 32GB. 4x2GB would be even better but I doubt we will see something like this.

Some Hynix IC results with sub timings are in my Corsair DDR4-2666 thread.
On Hynix I was able to run 2666-2800 13-13-14 1N and tight subs 1.5V without losing capacity. At 3000 my memory was acting weird and performance was worse. Microns are running slightly tighter but sometimes I see less memory than it should be ( mainly above 2666 clock ). Also performance is almost the same for both IC.

I'm using old EK waterblock and standard screws that were added to other EK wb. Also 2011 mounting kit is working without issues. I have no air cooler for 2011. I won something in competition some time ago but I'm still waiting for it.

From all benchmarks best to compare memory speed are SuperPi/HyperPi 32M ( 1M is not using memory so much ), AIDA64, Maxxmem and new 3DMark physics tests. All other tests base almost only on CPU speed.
AIDA64 in free version has some test results locked but you still can check others.

Thanks for the explanation Woomack:)

tried 2800 and 2666 cas 12 @ 1.55 last night and was a fail ? Thinking 1.8 for Cas12 at this speeds

guess I will give it a go with Cas13 this weekend,

My sticks needed 1.5V for CL13 at 2666-2800. Could boot at CL12 but were crashing or losing capacity. I wouldn't run it at more than 1.6V. I'm just not sure if it's safe for this kind of memory. Most results by even those more extreme overclockers are on voltage up to 1.65V. I just can't afford to kill my DDR4 right now so I won't try higher than 1.6V.

I got GTX970 Gigabyte Gaming G1 today. Right now I'm checking some settings and benchmarks.
Catzilla is all bugged on this card. Black screen since the beginning and 30k+ score on every screen resolution.

yea, surly do not want to fry these sticks,

Got my rods on the way home from work so I can get the SS hooked up this weekend

That will give me oppertunity to try to get filmiliar with the CPU before I freeze it

Nice! I can't wait to see the results!

That means I need to get rods....... sigh. 4mm threads right?

Yep, 4mm with 7 pitch

Don't even bother with Home Depot or Lowes, they will just look at you, tilt their head and say what size ?

If you have a Fastenall near you that is where I got them, non stock so it takes them a few days to a week to get them in.

$ 14.00 for stainlees one meter long , if you don't have a power saw to cut them get the zinc plated steel, easier to cut by hand

:D

Capture206.jpg

http://hwbot.org/submission/2637584...x_radeon_r9_290x_32094_marks?recalculate=true

would this be the thread to post my Rog Realbench score and ask questions how to optimize my humble first build and stress test it or can someone point me to the correct thread please?

This is for benchmarking, not stress testing.

You would want to create a thread of your own in the Intel section.

I'm playing with GTX970 that I got yesterday but it's not scalling as good as I thought. So far almost all my results on GTX780 are still better.
It's also acting weird after OC. Sometimes it's reacting on voltage changes in AB, sometimes it's instantly crashing.
I guess I have to wait for new nvflash version and modify BIOS. With older version or GPU-Z I can't even save my card's BIOS.

It looks great in reviews where all are comparing stock GTX780/780Ti to these new cards at higher clocks but after OC it looks totally different. GTX970 in most cases boost at stock settings up to 1400MHz so can be overclocked by about 100MHz more. Without voltage adjustments and higher power limit it won't show anything special.

Looking at results it's better option for gaming than benching.

Last edited:
Thats a drag, hope a better BIOS will help it out some.

Should have my set up running sometime today, just got done insulating :)

Attachments

• DSCF2122.JPG
    DSCF2122.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 211
Ooohhh....can't wait to see some results WD!!!!

Over here...been getting a bit frustrated with the last 3 consecutive chips...thinking I may be doing something wrong but haven't figured it out yet (new problem thread here). A bit of good news, though....got the conformaled mve working again!!! woohoo!!! Had a few very slightly bent pins.

Definitely going to get some benching done today. Just loaded/taped/erasered an unkown e8400 es for the cascade. Going to keep my fingers crossed. If it coldbugs or is an otherwise epic fail, have the mve and a 2600k loaded and ready to go under the ss.

Got a chance to do some testing today, had a blast !!!

Pretty much the same results Metal got on the single stage , although my chip takes a little more voltage to get there.
The ROG efficency outclasses my board, Hopefully a new BIOS coming soon :)

Ran into the same proble though :sly:, My single stage simply can not hold load on this chip,

Will be playing around with it a bit, but this chip needs cold to shine.

Although needing 1.6 for 4.8 Ghz does not boad well for the quality of the chip I am afraid

Once cold I will try to sqeeze ever once out of it though :thup:

Attachments

• Vantage test.png
    Vantage test.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 208
  • wprime 32 & 1024.png
    wprime 32 & 1024.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCF2125.JPG
    DSCF2125.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited: