• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What is his prep?

- waterproof board using let, dragon skin or vaseline (not even sure waterproofing's required but my board was already covered in let)
- cut 2-4 gaskets out of shamwow to cover entire socket area out to the dimm slots, first pci-e slot, etc (I ended up with 3). These are re-usable so only takes time the first time.
- mount rods and use a 1/2"-1" neoprene gasket to fit the pot into
- apply tim and mount pot
- bench

Will take pics the next time I set up.

That's what I do but I use eraser instead of LET so the board cleans up nice

I got a great deal on a Z97 OCF last week for $50. Apparently has 2 bad dimm slots but other than that the board works fine. 5.7 with a 4790k

image_id_1704088.jpeg

Got a new card today! I hope it holds up better than the lightnings have.

capture038.jpg

Sure where was that a month ago ha ha. Hope it works for ya metal

Another CPU lot. A few interesting ones. A64X2 5000 BE which should be a keeper mostly odd 775 stuff and a few AM2 and a PII b59 that will likely unlock to an x4. Got the whole lot of 50+ for $100

cpu lot.jpg

Nothing's more fun than 2 dollah chips! Maybe not so many boints in a lot of cases but sure is nice knowing that if you kill one it's not such a stinger.

I haven't even tested that card to see if it works. :(

They were late to the party with it back in the day. I had a couple of the air cooled classys back then but only ran them with the stock coolers.

This is my current gaming area which is extremely tight. It's in my wife and I's bed room which is very small, we're hoping to move to a bigger home by/before this summer and my demand is I get an "Office" code word for gaming room...lol Anyhow can't see my pc in the pic it's in the corner on the left behind my chair.

Attachments

• Computer Area.jpg
    Computer Area.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Back