• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my Apex order status has changed to:

Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 06.02.2017, By End of Day

Not that bad, 2 work days from Germany.
LOL Woomack when I first read it, I thought you were getting it in June....silly American I am. :D

that was copy/paste from UPS website :) ... till June I would take a train and pick it up myself, break it 2 times and deliver it to RMA :p ( by train is 1h faster to Berlin than a car as it's staight line from where I live )

an uncut wafer of cpu cores
not sure how rare it may be, but for sure is absolutely useless 20170203_155949.jpg 20170203_155958.jpg

I somehow got it posted in another thread by accident. deleted now and posting here

that keyboard has been in storage for a bit, just getting it back into use

A Core i7 970 hexa-core (last summer). Weird story behind this one. First and only six-core processor I've owned in any socket type. The seller told me it worked perfectly fine for him, but when he sold it to a friend, his friend couldn't get it to POST. Then it was tested in another board and it was claimed that the system was somehow unstable? Anyway, I tested it in a Foxconn Renaissance X58 when I first got it (wouldn't POST) and my Rampage III Formula (also wouldn't POST if I remember correctly). Then I just recently tried it again in my GA-EX58-UD4P, and it was able to POST and run normally in the OS (once I put the memory in the correct slots, wouldn't POST with them in the wrong slots (and neither did any of my other CPU's)) (with what little testing I did thus far).

Core i7 960 quad-core which was claimed by the seller to be dead and that the motherboard it was in wouldn't power up with this one inserted in the socket. Seems to work perfectly well for me. Powered right up and passed POST with no issues. :shrug:

Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-UD5P + AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition -Either one or both were believed to be dead based upon previous testing, but seemed to work just fine for me when I tested them. :shrug:

Maybe I'll rack up some more points with a triple core at some point, whenever I get the interest or time to work on overclocking and testing it that is.

Last edited:
Sadly my SS unit gave out and I wasn't going to replace it but I really missed it so I got a Little Devil. In my searching around I found that LD is pretty much the only place left to get these coolers. The build quality on this unit is top notch and the service was great, ordered it Thursday and received it Monday from Slovenia.

20170313-215602-resized.jpg

Due to an unexpected win on an auction (with what I considered a low bid), I now own a Corsair H105.

Don't know that I'm going to keep it though, I might sell it to a friend that's been wanting to build a new PC kinda cheap (for less than retail, almost definitely).

Pump seems to buzz/hum a bit (previous owner claimed it buzzed loudly and very noticeably, but I haven't found that in my testing. Dunno, maybe the loudness is subjective?), but I gather from research online that almost all H105 pumps specifically buzz or hum (or Asetek pumps in general?). I don't know, none of my Cool It based units have done that. My H75's pump buzzes too though, just not as loudly (probably because it has a slower pump RPM I'm guessing?).

DSCN3782.JPG

DSCN3784.JPG

Last edited:
Received some parts from bartx yesterday. Got a GPU mounting kit for the SS, IHS for Kaby and a AM4 backplate.

20170416-172239-resized.jpg

This just came in, Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Edition.

Waste of money. Has definite burnt smell. Upon trying to power up in the LGA1156 board I have on my test bench, the system shut down and smoke started pouring off the card.

Hope the seller stands by their claim that they accept returns. If not, I'll likely be leaving them some negative feedback and slamming them a bit for the broken card they claimed to be tested and fully working. Could have been damaged in shipping, maybe?

DSCN3802.JPG

DSCN3803.JPG

Last edited:
Back