• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I picked up a p5e and a handful of c2d chips today. Got the gtx 280 and a few more c2d a couple days ago, too.
I also finally got the cpu cooler from the blackholetec contest.

I still haven't got cooler from blackhole contest. Actually for last mails I haven't even got any reply ( what was maybe 2-3 months ago ).

I pmed him at the forums, and it only took a few days after that.

I've received at least 3 mails with info that my cooler is on the way. About 1 per month since end of the competition. Later I got mail that were issues with shipping ( wrong shipping info or something ). Some time later was one more mail and for next 2-3 mails I got no reply at all. Now it's already March so it's beating even hwbot competitions where I was usually waiting 2-5 months.
I just sent one more mail with question what happened with the package.

Received a decent 4930k that'll pass cine11.5 at 6.1GHz (6c/12t) with 1.7v. Not sure if I'll get to that speed since will run it under cascade not ln2 but should still be pretty solid for newer 3d's.

Running it under water atm to get all the operating systems and apps set up. Couple very quick tests....chip does 4.5-4.6GHz at 1.4v. Maaaan does this thing run hot, though! Full load (p95) at 4.5 (with 1.4v) goes up to 80C. Am sure some settings can be dialed back a bit as I used the rivbe watercooled gamer profile then dropped vcore to 1.4...am sure some of the power options are way overkill for this level.

Cascade's running really low on stage 2 so am not sure how/if it'll hold a good load but am hoping to give it a try with a pair of 780Ti's this weekend. We'll see.

Sounds like a nice chip bro, keep us in the loop :)

6 ghz 6 core w/ 2x 780ti Matrix cards = FUN

Not convinced one PSU will push those cards with a heavily overclocked CPU

It was all my 1300 could do is to push 1x 780ti with big volts

I was pushing GTX780@1600MHz with [email protected] on 800W PSU without problems. 780Ti are not 290X so I wouldn't worry about it. It's like 300W per card + 300W for CPU max + 50W other stuff.

EVGA H55 (123-CD-E635-KR) motherboard.

I can't recommend it for benching I'm afraid, it's got a really low FSB wall for an 1156 board. But then I didn't buy it for benching, just thought I'd make an FSB frequency submission since I had it on hand.

If hwbot ever adds it to the database maybe I'll get a submission or two in with this one.

I picked p a few things, finally time to post them. There's 22 C2D,and the rest speaks for itself.

stff.JPG

Nope it's the Fatboy, picked it up from E_D , it has to be at least 3x bigger than the slim.

Maybe not really a toy ( except I got access to free licences ) but I just obtained Acronis Certified Engineer Certificate after 2 day training and passing the exam :) ... still "show off" fits to this thread :p

Maybe not really a toy ( except I got access to free licences ) but I just obtained Acronis Certified Engineer Certificate after 2 day training and passing the exam :) ... still "show off" fits to this thread :p

Good for you man, I was going to ask how the trip went.

The UPS man stopped by this evening and left me a new Matrix card.

IMG_3320.jpg

It looks pretty good right out of the box.
Capture125.jpg

Nice one Metal. Those 980s rock man. I see the new Titans have been hitting the bot lately too. They look very beastly so far.

Back