• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yep, cores are king on Vantage, my point is and why I am not looking into a 980 is it just does not seem like enough of a boost over the 780Ti.

Meaning if you need 1500 or better to compete with a last gen card it is tough as there are cards out there that can only get to 1500

Like I said, if you can get 1900 you should own all the 3D's for the team except Heaven as AMD is tough being able to turn off tessellation and Vantage

Hoping to get a little bit of juice to test out my board and CPU on cold, if it goes well I will try to see what I can do in the AM thread

That there Johan and WD is they say the "NAIL ON THE HEAD QUOTE" a i7-5960X same with me when i was rocking my 4960X those extra cores always comes in handy in some of the benchmarks. But others i was behind the 3770K or 4770K its the beauty of having lots of different kit for certain benchmarks that work in certain ways! ;) :)

Those where the days when i enjoyed my 2700K, 3770K De-lidded, 4930K and my 4960X BUT THAT'S LIFE! :( ;)

Now i am just Rocking this Laptop and enjoying the BANTER on here Guy's. :grouphug: :salute:

Ajay.

Hey WD did you ever see a little program called "UNPARK YOUR CORES" a little secret it works, in the OS Microsoft tries to only use the Minimum amount of cores. So the rest are idle or Parked by Unparking them it allows the whole Benchmark to use the full amount you have. I got this from a gaming site some years back it made my scores go up, but that is my own interpretation of what it did!

Last edited:
It sure would be nice if I had the $$ to drop on a new HasE but that just isn't going to happen. The best I can hope for is that my 4790 will clock into the mid 6GHz range and maybe then I can compete with the big boys.
It's nice to see you kicking around again Ajay.

Do you want to try the unpark cores Johan for extra speed and points? Just PM me and let me know buddy, and yeah i kinda missed the show and the Banter its goood to be home again lol!!!

Ajay.

Didn't know that the 4790 had issues with parked cores Ajay. I know there was a patch for FX on Win7?

I am not saying that in some cases the OS PARKS CORES to save on the electric bill so to speak of, but there can be a small time delay between idle and active that is where you could gain by having them all running 100%.

I wish to put a disclaimer in here Johan i am no expert but from what i have read there could be small gains to be had in certain benchmarks that are CPU BOUND!

If you wish to check your CPU CORES, just right click the task bar and start TASK MANGER then RESOURCE MANAGER then you should be at the CPU TAB check out the CORES on the left hand-side of the page then scroll down and it will say which is running @ 100% and which is PARKED!

It maybe nothing but it does not do any harm just to look anyway! ;) :thup:

Ajay.

Last edited:
Anyway i have just unparked all my cores here on my laptop and i found this score in 3D MARK 03 it could be just a good run or it made a difference to my laptop here! :shrug:

This just got me a GOLD CUP and first place with a PB! :salute:

Snap 2015-01-26 at 17.51.22.png

This one got me a PB with a increased score for second place :thup:

Snap 2015-01-26 at 17.21.03.png

One can imagine that it did something or changed something on the Laptop what i can not say. :shrug:

The previous scores where 3D 03 =97063 3D VANTAGE 27757 as you can see its quite a increase, and if wish to compare they are on the HWbot for all to see!

Ajay.

Last edited:
Are you able to disable the EIST, C1e and crap on your laptop?

No is the answer Johan my friend the BIOS on this is very basic and i truly mean basic a couple of pages mostly on Hard drive status like ACHI / RAID 0 etc.

Ajay.

It said to get rid of Micro Stutter in games and improve scores for some Benchmarks Witchy my friend, a lot of gamers use this with there Laptops, the only downside is the Battery life. If your not plugged into the mains like me as i am using this as a DESKTOP so it does not really matter anyway here, there is another tip, but if you have already completed the task and it works for you no problem.

Glad to help out,

Ajay.

Great little tweak for a Lappy or OEM machine :thup:

Typically have all the power savings stuff when I have a proper BIOS

bit of a pain editing all those values

You should of asked Witchy i have a APP here that does it all on AUTO PILOT LOL!! ;) :thup:

Just run it let it do its thing then power down, you must switch off to complete the task and hey its done when you switch on again!

Still i am glad it worked for you ENJOY!

Ajay.

P.S. GOODNIGHT ITS LATE NR 11.00PM! :attn:

Here's the newest victim to arrive at my doorstep. Phenom X4 9850 purchased from GoD_tattoo in the classies. Should be great for my DDR2 bencher.
20150126_190326.jpg

Be nice to see some numbers from that soon before the cold weather comes to a end i see they expecting more snow soon, seen it on the newscast here the other day.

Ajay.

Here's the newest victim to arrive at my doorstep. Phenom X4 9850 purchased from GoD_tattoo in the classies. Should be great for my DDR2 bencher.
View attachment 159190

I've got three words for you Blaylock " HOT<HOT<HOT. I have one of those , it was my daily for a year or so and I ain't kiddin.

That is lucky he just purchased a SPACE HEATER at least it will help to keep him warm especially with that cold spell on the one way, could save on the HEATING BILLS a bit! :) ;)

Ajay.

P.S. It might keep the DETROIT AREA free from SNOW!

Last edited:
Back