• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is some new Pron

New toy today!!! I will be able to determine if my IMC is toast , and if so need to start hunting for a chip

Nice looking board, conformal is perfect. 40 off w/rebate :)

That looks sweet man. Hope the 4770 is stil OK so you can abuse that sucker.
I strapped a block on the 980 and man she's cookin now took a crap ton of volts though.

cat720 36293.JPG

Yeah great run buddy, i like the Catzilla its kinda one of my favorite benches when it runs correctly.

Ajay.

Nice board Witchy and sweet run Johan, you love your Catzilla :thup: :D

Ya , I do. spent too much time dialing in with 3d11 and things started to warm up so did a few quick runs of some easier stuff before I put it to bed for the day.

Thanks F_S, I'll try harder next time. I can't wait to see what this combo will do when they're both frozen. Just using the cold water gave me another 150 MHz on the GPU and I should be able to get it up to 1900 with out any hard mods.

I know, I can't wait. I've been tempted to try the mods but I'm a bit shaky for solder work these days. The trade off would be up to 21-2200 possibly but i'm escared.

get the 1900 first, then mod it so if you waste it at least you milked for all the points it was worth in it's stock condition,

That's probably what I'll do. I doubt I'll make the mods, unless I get desperate and a new card. Ha ha
I have to say though the clocks on this new series is insane

yea, but you need them to compete with 780 Ti's

Seems like the new cards need like 1500 to 1600 to get to the the 780 Ti's

at 1900 you will pwn everything buy Vantage, not sure hwy these cards are not good at Vantage ?

Me I am holding out for the 980 Ti or r9 390x , just benching old stuff until then

Yeah WD but you can still get a point or two from older cards would like to see some results from the 980 TI when it comes out, nice Subs guy's keep rocking! ;) :salute:

Ajay.

Yea, me too, that seems to be the big question, when will they release, have heard everything form February to April to 2016 ????

Going to 16nm will pay off long term, but from what I am reading yields are too low for a viable release.

So my thinking is when it does release it will only be on paper, actually getting one will be the challenge.

I am thinking the 390x will beat Nv's 16nm part to market by 3 to 6 months

yea, but you need them to compete with 780 Ti's

Seems like the new cards need like 1500 to 1600 to get to the the 780 Ti's

at 1900 you will pwn everything buy Vantage, not sure hwy these cards are not good at Vantage ?

Me I am holding out for the 980 Ti or r9 390x , just benching old stuff until then

Just did a bit of looking on the Bot and my score at 1726, was just 300 pts behind metalracer at 1476 on the Ti http://hwbot.org/submission/2733113_metalracer_catzilla___720p_geforce_gtx_780_ti_36516_marks/. I tried to do some more runs yesterday and Catzilla was acting weird. It was almost like throttling. The card was cycling up and down like a yo-yo but I was able to run 3DMark11 with out any problems http://hwbot.org/submission/2743816_ tried the same clock on Catzilla and same result. I think I broke the benchmark maybe.
I don't think it's the card so much with vantage as it is the CPU. It loves the extra cores from the E series haswells. Hippogriff scored 5000 higher than me and his card was at 1400 http://hwbot.org/submission/2692335...ge___performance_geforce_gtx_980_60912_marks/ but he has the 5960X on his side.

Back