• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You guys are starting to turn me from RED/RED to BLUE/GREEN :( I'm still working on trying to Overclock a Asus P5E X38, I think it has 3 different ways to OC the CPU. This B CH drove me crazy for over 4 hours until I found the problem, the seller was using an old BIOS ver. I update the BIOS and BAM the CPU's & Ram works. Since I'm going old school, I figured I'd Pick up some old school NVidia 9800 GTX+ video cards :)

Finally dug it all out and hope to get to it soon. I seem to be missing a few things but I think I have enough to keep me occupied for a little while

I have similar set of mobos... the only issue is that one is dead, one has random issues with memory slots and 754 works fine but I already tested all chips. Maybe one day I will find good 939 board in reasonable price as I have maybe 20 untested CPUs.

As usual I have new memory kits and not much more. I will probably add couple of new memory threads in memory section.

Last edited:
The 4930K is for the 1150 board??
The 2600K/3770K was for the 1155 board and the 6700K is for the 1151 board.

Thanks d00d!

That sick Stefan, nice work man ......... :thup:

ShamWow FTW :)
Thanks Witchyman! You know....this is all your fault! ;P

nice :thup: ... I saw today on hwbot while I was posting stock result on old laptop :bang head
Thanks Woomack! As you can tell...still have a lot to do on the ram front :/

Nice work bud, running GB at 6.0 is no small feat. :clap:
Thanks man! Yeah...pretty darn happy with this cpu so far. Now if I can only beat the original owner (and not kill it in the process), I'll be even more thrilled.

SO good to be benching again!!!!!

Yeah I was at it most of the weekend but mixed results and lots of hair pulling.

I was looking past the 775 board I have now. The next step would be a 1366 board/CPU. Not sure if it would be better than a 1155 board with a 2600K/3770K

saw your subs but did not look to much into to it sorry- WAY TO CRUSH IT !!!

Thanks QuickFast! Got a decent feel for the cpu and have some ln2 left so will work on it some more this week. Refilling the dewar Friday. Hoping that I'll get a few hours to myself on Sunday and be able to really give this thing a go. Definitely excited so far!

Forgot to post these. I finally got a hot set of DDR2. Picked these up from GSRCRXSI in the classies.

20160219_154829.jpg

Back