• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's cool Lochekey. Make sure it's good and clean, last thing you want is a metal shaving floating around your mobo

So this took me a little longer to finish than planned because I ran out of gas for my torch but it it's finally assembled. Tested it on water and it holds liquid fine. Gonna pick up some dice and make sure it holds up before bringing it in the house.

AWESOME!!! Old school mod stylee!!! Can't wait to see how it works out! :clap:

That's cool Lochekey. Make sure it's good and clean, last thing you want is a metal shaving floating around your mobo

That is a good point I want to do some cleanup on it out today and lap the bottom so I will probably give it a good scrubbing after that.

AWESOME!!! Old school mod stylee!!! Can't wait to see how it works out! :clap:

Thanks should be fun. Just need to work out the mounting. Thinking of just trying to sit it on the cpu for the first try. Figure between the weight of the pot and the acetone/dice I will get an "ok" mount.

So got this cold this morning and seems to be holding.

0402161041.jpg

Did a little cleaning on it to so it does not look like the exhaust off a car anymore.

0402161135b.jpg

I have about 3/4 of a lb of dice left. Assuming my wife and son do not use it all up playing may get this mounted this afternoon to play a little.

So got this cold this morning and seems to be holding.

Did a little cleaning on it to so it does not look like the exhaust off a car anymore.

I have about 3/4 of a lb of dice left. Assuming my wife and son do not use it all up playing may get this mounted this afternoon to play a little.
Looking good man and glad it held! :thup: Hope you get some quick tests done!

My day was spent playing with the samsungs. Was able to slightly improve my gpupi4cpu time but forgot to save the file. Arghh!! Other than that, the sticks are almost 2000 points behind my best (psc) sub for geekbench :( Gotta get the psc running that bench at 2600 to improve :/ Did manage to improve my wprime1024 sub, though! :)
http://hwbot.org/submission/3177531
gpupi-3.18.993.jpg
wp1024-77.187.JPG

need more mass on that pot Lochekey pm me if you want me to point you in the right direction been on my home made pot since day one

need more mass on that pot Lochekey pm me if you want me to point you in the right direction been on my home made pot since day one

Hey Quickfast, thanks for the offer I will probably take you up on that. Just out of curiosity I weighed this and it is currently sitting around 3.5 lbs.

Nice pot Lochekey :) We need Pics and details :thup:

I had started a thread about making my own home made one. I was advised by Woomack that it would be easier to get a pot from Diamatech for $120-ish. Unfortunately, that turned into a Goat Rope but at least I got my money back. :) I just ended up saving and buying the KingPin F1 Dark Extreme the next month for $250. I'm not sure how it compares to his original F1 Extreme Edition but I hope someone will have one at Funsoul's Party :)

The less mass the pot has = The faster it can pull down the CPU temp.
The less mass the pot has = The faster the CPU can pull up the temp.

^ This is not bad if you are using AMD but Intel CPU's have Cold Bugs and Cold Boot Bugs.

I'll leave the rest for someone with more knowledge on the subject to explain :thup:

I'll have to sort through my pictures and see what I have worth showing.

The only reason I originally built this versus buying one was because I had everything lying around.

Basic concept of what I did though.

I started with 12" long 2.5" diameter copper pipe and a 2"x5"x.25" copper bus bar I pulled out of an electrical panel.

I cut the bus bar into a 2"x2" plate and 2- 2"x1.5" plates.

I cut about a 3" section off of the pipe and then cut that v piece lengthwise into three sections that I then flattened into plates.

I laminated the three plates from the pipe together and the soldered them.

On the bottom of the laminated stack I soldered the 2"x2" plate .

I then soldered the the 2- 2"x1.5" plates too the top of the laminated stack along the 2" cut side of the plates. This was to help add mass as well as surface area at the bottom.

I then silver soldered the pipe to the the whole bottom stack to complete it off.

I'll try to get some pictures added to this soon.

I finally got my R3E in and I have to say that the 1366 platform ROCKS :) This sub is with my Triple Channel Dominator GT's

WPrime 32m Run #1.jpg

Looks good MM but you need to shut of speed step and other power savers to show proper speed or windows in performance mode.

I got TridentZ 2x8GB 3200 15-15-15 yesterday ... just because I sold TridentZ 2x8GB 3200 16-16-16 kit :p ... no photos, all know how these kits look like ;) I think it's my 7th Trident Z kit.

I've heard there's another die revision coming, have you Woomack?

I heard they will release new die but it was already couple of months ago. There is always something new but at least in this case I'm not sure if it's going to be better than we have now ... at least for benching.
I see that because of prices drop ( constant actually ) all IC manufacturers are focusing on higher capacity modules. As you see most memory brands are showing their new high capacity kits but barely anyone is showing higher speed kits. The only one is probably G.Skill who is shouting about 3600 C15 or 4266+ kits. At the same time they are presenting 128GB kits at the highest frequency on the market. I simply can't see any competition for them right now.
Corsair even though has higher frequency memory is selling kits are quite relaxed timings so you don't know what can be inside. I mean 3466 16-18-18 or 17-18-18 can be on old or new IC. Overclockers are checking what is inside but all others pick G.Skill as there is 100% chance to get good IC in some series.

I'm curious how 2x16GB kits are overclocking but vendors don't want to send any samples and I don't have $300+ for any kit at higher frequency. I mean these would be the same B die but in dual rank so in theory should be faster ... if won't have limited clock.

So is that your way of saying it's going to be harder to find 4GB DDR4 sticks soon ?

Probably yes. I doubt that 4GB will disappear fast but 16GB sticks are getting more popular. I think we will see 32GB as max for this generation without ECCR.

I have no idea where to put it and don't want to make new thread so here it goes as it can be interesting for some of you:
http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/memory-performance-speed-latency

It still doesn't mean that lower latency gives higher memory performance as there is also max memory bandwidth which is changing depends from memory ranks.

I was testing 2x16GB memory kit in last days but I can't see any performance gain above dual rank 2x8GB so I guess it will be max for current DDR generation. There is also not so big difference in single and dual rank in DDR4 so I wouldn't worry about it. As you see the best performing is higher clocked single rank Samsung.

Here is new thread with 2x16GB Crucial memory kit . Maybe not the best for benching but still interesting memory.

Back