• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So tiny though, Is there no heatspreader at all on those mems, just a white PCB?

Heat spreaders were unnecessary for DDR3, unless pushing incredibly high voltages.
DDR4 drops power consumption even further than DDR3, it's really just for looks at this point.

More like repurposed. Seperate fan control and power is nice if you want external rad or similar

So tiny though, Is there no heatspreader at all on those mems, just a white PCB?

Pretty ram, but i agree...no heat dissipation help?

I don't know if you've seen my Crucial Elite review and temps there. DDR4 don't need any additional cooling even at 1.5V+.
Here is link with screenshots from Crucial monitoring software. Memory at 1.2V vs 1.4V is only ~2*C difference:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...4K4G4D26AFEA?p=7798320&viewfull=1#post7798320
I think it looks great like that. Geil even painted IC in this kit. Lower Dragon kits have standard black IC. It could be available with different LEDs. So far it's only blue and it doesn't really fit to gaming or overclocking series motherboards which are usually black/red. There is white MSI and they also have dragon logo on their boards.

I will make usual forum review soon. This kit is the highest from Geil Dragon series but price wasn't so high - ~$100 so about 30% lower than competition at similar clock. I still had to sell one other kit to get this ... I just couldn't resist :p

I hope that this MSI board will be as good as I'm expecting. So far all is working fine except that AIDA64 can't recognize full mobo specs ( and it's today's update ).
Mobo sees my CPU's VID as 1.18V. What is weird is that ASRock saw it as ~1.19 or 1.24V ( depends from BIOS ) and ASUS is showing always something near ~1.32V.

Ah, makes sense.

Though, I would likely take some of the primer ends off of .45ACP rounds, mount them onto the chips, just for show.

- - - Updated - - -

More like repurposed. Seperate fan control and power is nice if you want external rad or similar

True

It gave me an excuse to do a little woodworking *if that mess can be called woodworking* ,
Nothing like actually making something out of little bits of nothing.

I cannot fit my 200mm fan on the inside of my HAF XB, so its currently sitting on the top, pulling out air. *Hyper 212 evo is just a tiny bit too tall*

Just a quick run on MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC ( ITX board ). 4000+ is booting in dual channel but system is crashing. I think I'm missing something. Anyway this board was tested by MSI with TridentZ 4200 memory so should be fine.

Below easy 3866 with most settings at auto.

131.jpg

AIDA64 can't read sensors and real CPU/memory clock on this board. I'm not sure why.
Anyway results so far are about the same as on ASUS Maximus VIII Hero.

One thing I do have to say is the new DDR4/z170 combo has some impressive bandwidth.

im just now starting on my Graveyard , i have a blank wall here , so that what im filling it up with

Last edited:
I just put 6600K, MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC ( finally solved all issues , yey ), GTX960 and 850W PSU ( I had nothing smaller, well in both size and watts ) into this case http://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=17 , red one as it was the only one on sale and on stock at the same time.
I'm still thinking how to put there water cooling but it can be really hard. Can be good looking air cooling but I can't find anything in non-tower build which will perform and look good.
I will post some photos when I put everything inside. Right now I have problem with 24 pin power cable as it's too close and is putting some pressure on memory. I have to think what to do with it as I can't close the case.

Thanks :) ... I really like this case as it's also almost full alu ( except part on which you mount motherboard /IO ports. It's also the smallest design in which you can fit larger CPU cooler. Most other brands like Lian-Li or Silverstone put PSU above CPU what blocks any larger air or water cooler.

I'm only wondering if to try with water cooling or get air cooler. Graphics card is really quiet. I'm thinking to make gaming PC from that and I don't need anything above ~4.2-4.5GHz CPU clock so most, above average coolers will be fine.
Since I don't want to spend more money on that then I was thinking to use older parts and if I decide on water then I already have all , just need some work to refresh them. I have 1x120mm rad, quiet pump with res and CPU block which requires polishing and maybe painting as it's scratched on top and bottom. I was thinking to paint mounting frame red and rad also red , leaving everything else black. Other way is to switch blocks from other rig and maybe make it more flashy with some LEDs.

As I mentioned, the biggest issue is PSU cable as it's touching memory. I have to think what to do with it as there is not much space to add anything. Or I switch PSU with other rig. Anyway this will be my little project for next weeks ... and I have to make some reviews so I will be really busy with not-benching for rankings.

With some luck it will be like:
6600K@~4.5GHz ( depends if temps will be right )
RAM 2x4GB @3733 or 2x8GB @3466
240GB SSD - enough for games ( and it's HyperX Savage so red/black :p )
GTX960@ 1500MHz+
... if I make it work at reasonable temps and all above is considered to run at not much above stock

I have couple reviews on the way and I still have X99 rig. No graphics cards worth to bench anyway and I maxed out all newer CPUs on ss/dice. Probably there won't be any good competitions soon too.

Back