• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsuperbgx

Benching Team Leader
Show us what you are benching. New toys, old toys, whatever is in your benching area. Extreme cold, voltmod's, crazy ideas, hardware collections, etc. Lets see it all!! Discussion is ok.

:pics:

Hardware and computer benching stuff only. (This is a revision and extension of the previous thread, What new Benchmarking toys, here.

Last edited:
Got the EP45 set up on the bench and started testing CPUs with cold water to see how they do. The e8400 turned out to be pretty decent. http://hwbot.org/submission/2621600_ Here's my set-up might look a bit crude but gotta keep the moisture away.

P1280214.JPG

Up next is a D930, see how it does for a single core cinebench.
Ha just figured out it's a dual core. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Currently trying to get the hang of this x99 setup.

IMG_3214.jpg

I'm currently benchin' old school. This rig is set up for AM2 through AM3+ but the DDR2 will limit my newer stuff a little. Once I build my next rig I'll have my ASRock 990FX extreme9 to push too. (I'm not willing to risk killing my gamer just yet-lol)

Attachments

• 20140831_144309.jpg
    20140831_144309.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 1,304
I'm currently benchin' old school. This rig is set up for AM2 through AM3+ but the DDR2 will limit my newer stuff a little. Once I build my next rig I'll have my ASRock 990FX extreme9 to push too. (I'm not willing to risk killing my gamer just yet-lol)

Your priorities are a bit out of line. Benching first. Gaming should come second.

Lol. That's like your opinion man. Truth to be told, I haven't gamed in over a month and I still have COD:Ghosts from Xmas unopened. So I guess you are somewhat right.

Lol. That's like your opinion man. Truth to be told, I haven't gamed in over a month and I still have COD:Ghosts from Xmas unopened. So I guess you are somewhat right.

I am joking for the most part. I wish I had more time for both. Gaming is what drew me into overclocking.

I am joking for the most part. I wish I had more time for both. Gaming is what drew me into overclocking.

You mean you got bored quick and started to do something more interesting with your pc ? :)

Funny how that works isn't it. I bought half a dozen games during steams summer sale. Haven't downloaded a single one. Oh not quite truw I did download the Stick of Truth but it's playing on the HTPC. Laughed my face off at that one.

Funny how that works isn't it. I bought half a dozen games during steams summer sale. Haven't downloaded a single one. Oh not quite truw I did download the Stick of Truth but it's playing on the HTPC. Laughed my face off at that one.

I saw how my brother is playing that one and was pretty funny :)
It's hard to find any good games lately. I'm adding codes to the steam that I get with hardware just because some games have integrated benchmarks :p
Most new titles last 5h or are totally boring. I liked much more older games where you could actually play , not only watch.

I saw how my brother is playing that one and was pretty funny :)
It's hard to find any good games lately. I'm adding codes to the steam that I get with hardware just because some games have integrated benchmarks :p
Most new titles last 5h or are totally boring. I liked much more older games where you could actually play , not only watch.

Ya games with too many cutscenes really get under my skin. I do have a hard time picturing Cartman speaking Polish. :rofl:

I think that 5930K are waste of money. If you compare pcie lines then 5820K can work with 8+8+8+4 while 5930K can use 16+8+8+8 what is max in theory as most boards will use some of this bandwidth for M.2 or other stuff. If you are not going to run 4 high end graphics cards then 5930K has no advantage over 5820K but it cost much more.

Now one thing that I've noticed today. Xeon 2630 v3, max turbo 3.2GHz , 8 cores, price at release ~$660. At 167 bclk = 5.34GHz. I think it's enough as most 5960X won't make much more.

Btw. I got an info from home that 4x8GB Crucial DDR4 just arrived. I'm not sure how to comment that but they sent it in a plastic/shipping bag without any additional protection. I hope it's working.

When I get a board worthwhile, it will go under LN2. For the review though, its just going to be water as usual. :)

Back