• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Option is greyed out ???

Not selectable on my end :(

do know what the problem is other than possible the new rev does not like IE

then use other web browser ... it was mentioned many times already and you back with the same issue all the time :p ... firefox or chrome are working fine

yea, will have to grab another browser

Teach old dog new tricks I guess

Edit:

Came home to some goody's today:)

Attachments

• DSCF2112.JPG
    DSCF2112.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
No, I have my son this weekend, so next week end will be busy :thup:

Hoping to get it insulated and all that good stuff during the week next week so it is ready to go.

testing on single stage to get a feel for it, take it cold in October :)

Edit:

Looking good! :thup:

The 5960x does scale with cold but at a certain point it just overpowers my SS unit.

New BIOS.
Capture553.jpg

Time for a cascade. :D

You sure are raking in some points with that setup. Keep up the good work!

Wow, digging the 70K CPU Vantage and 24K physics on 11

These 8 cores are beasts

Nice work bro ...

Awesome sub MetalRacer! Yeah...WitchDoc has some definite knowledge (and long experience).

Running cascade...currently been trying to work on:
- 519k- failed to post warm
- celery 331- another seemingly dead cpu
- celery 430 -got 1 decent run , wouldn't start cold the next day so pulled it and moved on
- e4700- definitely a decent chip (even though not a lot of subs), frost/condensation got me around the 10 hour mark (took me forever to get the chip reasonably dialed in), wouldn't start cold the next morning :(

Seems like I'm going to need to start tearing down and drying/re-insulating after each cascade session :/ Never had this problem until recently (the 8500 and q6600 ran off and on for days and both always started right up the morning after) but haven't really changed the way I do things (that I've noticed anyway). So...may try to start doing ss benching (1155 and 3d's) on weeknights (since that setup never refuses to boot cold the day after) then cascade on weekends whenever I have more than 3 or 4 hours to play.

Sorry for ramblin'...just figuring stuff out

I have no idea what's up with older hardware but everything that I try to bench is like degraded and I get low scores. I already have enough of benching older graphics cards when some of them are dying after slight overvoltage or on stock voltage under full load. I also have no idea why some benchmarks like 3DM03 are performing worse since maybe 3-4 months, maybe some Win7 updates, hard to say.

Since it's thread about new hardware, after over 2 months waiting I got 2x4GB ADATA XPG 3 DDR3-2933 memory. The main problem is that I still have CPU in RMA. I thought I could use it for Team Cup when they confirmed that will ship it to me but now it will be hard. Probably I have to send it back after tests.

Wow, digging the 70K CPU Vantage and 24K physics on 11

These 8 cores are beasts

Nice work bro ...

Those scores put a grin on my face for sure. :D

Awesome sub MetalRacer! Yeah...WitchDoc has some definite knowledge (and long experience).

Running cascade...currently been trying to work on:
- 519k- failed to post warm
- celery 331- another seemingly dead cpu
- celery 430 -got 1 decent run , wouldn't start cold the next day so pulled it and moved on
- e4700- definitely a decent chip (even though not a lot of subs), frost/condensation got me around the 10 hour mark (took me forever to get the chip reasonably dialed in), wouldn't start cold the next morning :(

Seems like I'm going to need to start tearing down and drying/re-insulating after each cascade session :/ Never had this problem until recently (the 8500 and q6600 ran off and on for days and both always started right up the morning after) but haven't really changed the way I do things (that I've noticed anyway). So...may try to start doing ss benching (1155 and 3d's) on weeknights (since that setup never refuses to boot cold the day after) then cascade on weekends whenever I have more than 3 or 4 hours to play.

Sorry for ramblin'...just figuring stuff out

You should fire up that 3930k and run Realbench v2 for the team cup. :) I would take another shot at it with the 4930k but my mobo seems to be dead.

Edit:

Omg....schweet!!! Can't wait to see you give that setup a nice rip. Congrats!!

You should fire up that 3930k and run Realbench v2 for the team cup. :) I would take another shot at it with the 4930k but my mobo seems to be dead.
I wish...ss won't hold load on the 3930k (fine on 2500k/2600k/2700k) :( Scott's going to come up and fix it...just need to coordinate schedules.

Hoping to have some results mid to late next week, waiting on new mounting rods. Dude said he would have them in on Friday

4mm rods are tough to find

Fingers crossed

Hoping to have some results mid to late next week, waiting on new mounting rods. Dude said he would have them in on Friday

4mm rods are tough to find

Fingers crossed

I’m not a fan of those brackets with the threaded inserts. On my backup x79 mobo I removed the bracket and knocked the inserts out since they were just pressed in from the back side.
Looking forward to seeing that Asrock board in action.

yea the mounting is a total PITA

fingers crossed I got a half decent retail chip :)

Competing against these 6GHz ES chips is going to be tough

Just for fun ran Vantage last night stock clocks and got a 48K CPU score

Did some checking, to put into perspective that is roughly what we were getting with a 980X at 5.4 GHZ just a few years ago

Lucky you, my 5820K is really bad even though I saw worse in most reviews. 4.9GHz 1.6V says all :p

Sorry for the poor SS

Playing with the stix a bit

2400 10-11-13 1T is bench stable

As usual, Nicks profiles spot on :)

Attachments

• mem test.png
    mem test.png
    99 KB · Views: 180
Back